Thread: New user- a few questions

1. Question New user- a few questions

Hello,

I just received my Procyon unit in the mail today and was so excited I decided to jump in right away to get a feel for it. The first program I tried was #20 (since I had nothing else to go on, I figured this might be a good, quick introduction), followed by a few minutes of #46 (to give the visuals a better test).

I wasn't as impressed right out as I thought I might be, but I believe that's an issue with me and not the product. I should say that I was both excited and apprehensive trying it for the first time, so I think that had an effect on my experience. Here are the issues I ran into, and the questions:

I'm not sure where the glasses should sit on my nose. Some of the time I could really see the LEDs, instead of just the all-over colors they produce (I hope that makes sense). Is there an ideal way to situate these, or is it something I need to play around with? If so, what should I be seeing?

I saw pretty much nothing in the way of shapes or patterns. I wasn't expecting anything too intricate with #20, but thought #46 would offer more. Is this user error, something that will get better as I get more comfortable with the unit?

My eyes burned and watered during my first session (#20), and got somewhat better during the second (#46). Is this normal, and will it pass as I get used to them?

Lastly, it seems I have a hard time keeping my eyes completely closed. This is a problem for me in general, and was just wondering if anyone had any tips regarding this.

I'm very excited to keep at this and see what it can do for me, so any input is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: New user- a few questions

Hi,

Glasses at the top of your nose so that the LEDs are as close as possible to the eyelids. Look, and focus, as if you are looking at a ship on the horizon.

Keep your eyes closed gently - this will give the best color from the LEDs and brighten the session while also eliminating a source of eye strain and headache. Try to keep your eyes still. You will find that the eyes can be blinked even when they are closed - this helps keep them moist.

Have you tried different brightness settings? Usually you will see the most spectacular large scale imagery at high brightness. High brightness can lead to eye strain and headache. At lower brightness levels a finer structure can usually be found in the imagery. All brightness settings are worth trying as the visuals don't just brighten or dim, they change completely.

It may be that your expectations have you looking for what you expect and missing what is to be seen. Keep in mind that the imagery is not contained in the light entering your eye - it is formed in the brain.

I aim for "Seeing without looking, Hearing without listening."

But most of all... enjoy!

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information