Thread: Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

1. Default Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

Hello everyone!

I got a Proteus for Christmas, and along with it came an Audio Strobe Sampler CD. I haven't a clue how to get these Audio Strobes onto the Proteus, and I don't want to lose the programs that are currently on there. Is there anyone here with the patience to tell me how to do this in Fisher Price language? I like the Proteus, but in terms of the technical stuff, I find it all a bit scary. Would hate to end up even more stressed as a result of trying to use this fabulous piece of kit!

Thank you!
    Clemmie

Blog Entries

Default Re: Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

Hello and Welcome!

Here is how to use the AudioStrobe function of the Proteus:

• Put the AudioStrobe CD into a portable CD player or your computer to play it. (It's just like a regular Audio CD with some special Audiostrobe encoding)
    • Connect the headphone output of the CD player or your computer to the AUX input on the Proteus using the supplied 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable.
    • Power on the Proteus and set it to "AS" mode.
    • Start playing the CD and turn up the volume on the CD player or the computer until the lights on the Ganzframes start to flicker. Usually the volume will need to be up all the way.
    • Put on the headphones and Ganzframes and adjust the volume and brightness on the Proteus to taste.

For reference, this procedure is detailed on Page 9 of the Proteus Manual.

If you have any questions or run into any difficulties let us know!

Happy holidays!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

Here is how to use the AudioStrobe function of the Proteus:

• Put the AudioStrobe CD into a portable CD player or your computer to play it. (It's just like a regular Audio CD with some special Audiostrobe encoding)
    • Connect the headphone output of the CD player or your computer to the AUX input on the Proteus using the supplied 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable.
    • Power on the Proteus and set it to "AS" mode.
    • Start playing the CD and turn up the volume on the CD player or the computer until the lights on the Ganzframes start to flicker. Usually the volume will need to be up all the way.
    • Put on the headphones and Ganzframes and adjust the volume and brightness on the Proteus to taste.

For reference, this procedure is detailed on Page 9 of the Proteus Manual.

If you have any questions or run into any difficulties let us know!

Happy holidays!
    Andy, thank you very much for that. I've just spotted that on P9 of the manual and now I feel like a wally! I'll give it a go. I'm quite intrigued by this machine, I used to use Brainwaves mp3s to help me relax, and they were great, but the addition of coloured lights is a new thing for me. I struggle with sleeping from time to time so I'm hoping this will help a lot.

Clemmie

4. Default Re: Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

Not to butt in, but am I understanding correctly that the Audiostrobe CD has to be played from a CD player or the computer? Can it be imported into itunes for transfer to a iPod and keep the coding that generates the lights? If so, was audio versions can be used (AAC, wav, mp3?) Can an iPod be used for audio input into the Proteus?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Brand new, haven't a clue! - Audio Strobes for Proteus

Can the AudioStrobe tracks be downloaded onto the Proteus or do they have to be played on a separate device?

Blog Entries

They are played on a separate device. Please have a read through this very thread that you posted in for details.
    -Andy.

Thread Information