Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help wih getting Proteus communication with new USB cable.

1. Default Re: Help wih getting Proteus communication with new USB cable.

OK - the old serial port cable works but only on Com 7 - not on the other options of COM 1 and 8.

Going back to the USB cable , I note that when I hit buttons to start and stop segment playback although I don't get any light I get a crackle in the headphones... . Device manager says that the SciLabs device on Com 4 is working properly. It all seems to point to a faulty cable ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help wih getting Proteus communication with new USB cable.

I think you're right. Fire off an e-mail to me and we'll get it sorted out.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Help wih getting Proteus communication with new USB cable.

Strange, indeed... the Proteus USB cable could be used both on old and new Proteus systems, as we have not changed the hardware. The tricky thing about Proteus is that it only receives data and does not transmit it, unlike Procyon, which has standard two-way communications. So aside from identifying which port is used by the SiLabs driver and assigning that port in Proteus Editor, there is no way to monitor status--except for when lthe display flickers during data transfer. One final thing to check on your Proteus: is the middle decimal point flashing, indicating 'digital input mode'? See page 11, Proteus Manual rev 3. It could be that the adapter was squished in the mails and needs replacement as Andy suggested... thanks for your patience, Mark!
    -Robert

4. Default Re: Help wih getting Proteus communication with new USB cable.

Thanks Robert- we established that no Comms were happening and the Proteus coms were good on the serial card on my PC . The replacement USB adapter arrived today and works perfectly, which is great because I prefer to work on my notebook in a number of more stimulating environments than my office !

Thread Information