Thread: Audiostrobe Compatability with Procyon

1. Default Audiostrobe Compatability with Procyon

Hi , the new forum looks great.

I have been using a Proteus for a while now and I'm looking at the Procyon, on the basis I can sell my Proteus ( perhaps I will have to keep it ) . I have a few technical questions if anybody can help.

What is important to me is Audiostrobe compatability. I see it in the Procyon menu: but is it implemented in the operating system yet.

I have some AS Cd's I have encoded using MindExplorerer particularly using the MX Color Organ where I manipulated the lights response to the CD in real time and then burnt a new Audio CD. The effects are just stunning.

As the Procyon is a 3 color system, which two colors will repond when I play back an Audiostrobe encoded CD? I am hoping it defaults to the Left and right / Red / Green system of the Proteus. It would be good also if there were a second AS mode which ported the old Left / Right Audio channel in Audiostrobe to swap to say red / blue or blue green .

Default Re: Audiostrobe Compatability with Procyon

Greetings--

AS is implemented in the Procyon; the default setup is red/green as with Proteus, but we will soon add the ability to assign which colors respond for each channel, for a more colorful experience.

-Robert

3. Default Re: Audiostrobe Compatability with Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Greetings--

AS is implemented in the Procyon; the default setup is red/green as with Proteus, but we will soon add the ability to assign which colors respond for each channel, for a more colorful experience.

-Robert
    Thanks Robert , that is the very best news

I built a pair of glasses in which I could manually change each LED for different color combinations which was fairly tedious, so it will be brilliant to be able to software select them.

One further comment. I would say 2/3 of my use of Proteus is in listening to ambient music and using it in manual mode, which I find very effective way to `run' with certain visuals and not lose them as a pre-program moves on. From reading the Procyon manual it seems there is no manual mode.

Perhaps , as Mindplace are coding a selection process for the two color channels in Audiostrobe mode on Procyon, that 2 color manual frequency control mode could be reintroduced in the firmware and that the buttons to control frequency and in/out phase of the lights would work just the same as the Proteus. This enhancement would make the Procyon a more complete brain wave entrainment tool, building more completely on the utility of the Proteus.

Thread Information