Thread: Proteus+Thoughtstream or Procyon

1. Default Proteus+Thoughtstream or Procyon

Hi, I'm looking to get my first AVS device. I was looking first at the Procyon with its more advanced lighting system, but now thinking of the Proteus because of its integration of Thoughtstream. I'm curious if anyone has all three and if you were buying your first configuration and could only buy two of the three, would you get the Proteus+Thoughtstream to use them together, or would you still get the Procyon even if you had to use it separately?

Also, would the Thoughtstream games package be redundant if I've got the interactivity from the Proteus/Thoughtstream combo?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus+Thoughtstream or Procyon

Hello and Welcome!

Here is some information on the differences between the Procyon and Proteus.

Could you elaborate on what you are looking to use the products for? That would help us help you figure out what would work best.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Proteus+Thoughtstream or Procyon

My main reason is de-stress and also help deal with some pain from some injuries. I think the two are related and whenever the pain flares up I get stressed out and pain gets worse, etc, so looking to work on breaking that cycle. I first was looking at the Thoughtstream for biofeedback and hadn't heard of AVS until then but the immersive experience looks very intriguing. I think I'd like to try both, a biofeedback and an AVS. I'd like to go with the newer Procyon with its updated light and sound quality, but the ability to link Proteus and Thoughtstream looks interesting. So the main thing I'm wondering is how valuable that link is and whether it's enough for me to forgo getting the newer Procyon.

Do many people use them linked or do they end up using them standalone? What exactly does linking them do?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how many people use the function of connecting the Proteus and Thoughtstream, but hopefully those that do will speak up.

Personally, I think that getting a Procyon or Proteus and running some of the relaxation programs will help you with your stress and pain. The Procyon has more interesting visuals with the extra colours which would help as a distraction from your pain.
    Biofeedback might be useful as well, but I don't think connecting the 2 devices will be a greater benefit than using them alone.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

If you are thinking of getting a Procyon and Thoughtstream, or Proteus and Thoughtstream - check out the bundled deal offer because with either deal, you can get NP3 Ultimate (and you want that if you have a Thoughtstream and AVS machine because of Bio-optimization. Not to mention, you save either $50 or $100 - depending on whether you are buying Proteus or Procyon - at any rate, the NP3 would be almost free.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Proteus+Thoughtstream or Procyon

Hi Marisa, where do I find the bundled deals and what is the NP3? I'm looking through all the product tabs on Mindplace.com and don't see any mention of NP3 or any bundle deals, just individual products. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
    Hi Marisa, where do I find the bundled deals and what is the NP3? I'm looking through all the product tabs on Mindplace.com and don't see any mention of NP3 or any bundle deals, just individual products. Thanks.
    You would have to get it through me: http://www.ayrmetes.com/Bundled_Deals.html

NeuroProgrammer 3 is software that allows you to make your own audiostrobe programs. It also comes with a bunch of programs of it's own. Here's another link that explains some of NP3: http://www.ayrmetes.com/NP3.html

You can hook up the TS to the Proteus but it's not as much fun as doing a session with the NP3 and seeing how your brain is responding to a session. I like the Thoughtstream as biofeedback is a really good way to condition your nervous system and learn how to relax by monitoring the feedback. An AVS machine is awesome in that it does the work for you. All you need to do is plug in and relax. NP3, TS and Proteus or Procyon is the ultimate. There are so many things you can do with these three things. This is just my opinion of course.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information