Thread: Reading data in USB Interface software

Default Reading data in USB Interface software

Hello everyone,
    I recently purchased the new Thoughtstream USB model and with much effort was able to get the USB Interface software working. I was wondering if there was a manual or if others might provide tips on how to read the data being displayed and use the various options.

Admittedly, I haven't played with it much but as it is, I'm just making guesses on how and when to use options like "Set Sensitivity", "Set Filter Size", and "Adjust Jitter Rejection".

What does "% Change", "Cond.", "Data", and the Picture Graph represent.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Reading data in USB Interface software

Hello and Welcome!

Have you had a chance to read the Thoughtstream USB Interface Software manual? It's available here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/cont...-Documentation

It explains the operation and displays of that software.

If after looking at that you have any further questions, please let us know!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I was disappointed when I received my NEW Thoughtstream USB as it didn't contain the software, drivers, or software user's guide. Glad to have this support forum.

I do have another question though: Where are the .tst files saved?
    I attempted to search for them on my computer and have no luck in finding them even in the directory which I specified and open them while in the Thoughtstream software. I was hoping to edit their names and the notes I added on the files.

-Ace

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by actionace View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the link. I was disappointed when I received my NEW Thoughtstream USB as it didn't contain the software, drivers, or software user's guide. Glad to have this support forum.
    Cool. Better to have the software downloadable and get the most recent version rather than an included CD with an outdated version, I figure!

I do have another question though: Where are the .tst files saved?
    I attempted to search for them on my computer and have no luck in finding them even in the directory which I specified and open them while in the Thoughtstream software. I was hoping to edit their names and the notes I added on the files.

-Ace
    If you are using Vista or Windows 7, then the .tst files are stored in a strange directory called C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ThoughtStream USB where {your username} will be whatever username you have for yourself on that computer. It will be a hidden folder.

Here's some more info on that: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-read-tst-file!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Wonderful! Opening the .Hdr file in Notepad allowed me to edit the comments. I've been using the Thoughtstream in hypnotizing clients and it's been a great tool. Thanks again!

Thread Information