Thread: Desired Session

Default Desired Session

Hello!
    I have just received my unit and believe it can help me. I suffer from PTSD after five years.

In an application (No. P12), there was a shifting portion between the left and right. It gave me a relieving feeling. Unfortunately it was only for a short while. Is there a possibility to edit the program and upload it to Proteus? I think the pace was just the right to disturb the signal of fear i have.

It works a little bit like EMDR i think.
    Thank's

Sincerely, Sona

Blog Entries

Default Re: Desired Session

Hi Sona and Welcome!

The Proteus can accept programs created by you or others. Using the Proteus Editor you can take the factory sessions and change them however you like.

Have a look at the Proteus Editor Manual, available at the Proteus area of the support site. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/list...ory/34-Proteus. The Editor is also available there.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thank's Andy!

Is it possible to control the left and right color pair separately?

Also i wonder about some segments that have a start of 12hz for red and 12.4hz for the green and so on. What is the point in have them slight out of sync? Just a little curious.

Thank's!

Blog Entries

Left and Right can be controlled separately only on the mono-colour frames. Red in the Editor equates to one side and Green to the other.

I'm not sure about the answer to your 2nd question, but I'll see if Robert can chime in on that.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Greetings--the reason the two colors have slightly differing frequencies is to create visual 'beats', mainly to add a bit more variety to the visual experience. Keep us posted on how your Proteus affects your PTSD, please!

-Robert

Thank's for the support.
    For this i use a pair of mono-colour frames and i'm almost there..
    To entrain down to alpha and theta i simply clone the ramp setting to green column.

It seems that the only way to alter between the LFO's in a straight pattern is to take one second for each segment-line. Unfortunately the sound do not act like the LFO's in this setup.

The optimal would be entrain down to Theta and then start L & R pulses every 0.7sec ramping down to 0.9sec pace for about 40 sec. (and the sound will also follow this). Then alter with ~4mins of; Alfa, Theta & Delta in a total session time of 40mins.

Any id?as?

Thank's.
    Sona
    Last edited by Sona; 08-23-2012 at 05:44 AM.

7. Default Re: Desired Session

You may want to watch the videos of Dr. Len Ochs using light stimulation and EEG- driven sessions for the treatment of PTSD http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ight-and-sound. What he is doing is possible with the Emotiv Epoc and Mind Workstation by Transparent. It will require an additional investment, but that would be a drop in the bucket compared to what a doctor would charge. You can purchase MWS through MindPlace's Ayrmetes site http://www.ayrmetes.com/MWS.html, the Epoc must be purchased directly from Emotiv.

Thread Information