Thread: Proteus VS Procyon?

1. Default Proteus VS Procyon?

Hello. I am a first time user of any AVE equipment, and am very excited to try. And here is my dilemma.

I COULD get the Proteus this tuesday, but I wouldn't be able to afford the Procyon until a month after, when my next check comes in.

So, should I hold out for the Procyon, or are the advantages not particularly worth another month of my hyperactive imagination?

Also: Comparison between the two devices? I have read the descriptions and such for both of them, and considered both of them. But I am unsure of how they function differently? If somebody could link me a youtube of the lens in action, or offer descriptions and comparisons?

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus VS Procyon?

Hello and Welcome!

There is some great information here on the support site to help you with that decision! Have a look at these links and post back if you have any questions!

https://mindplace.com/pages/product-compartison

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-better-than-2

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...2294-neuroasis
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi,

I am a completely new user and I just purchased a procyon even though I was thinking of getting a proteus since it was cheaper. I didn't get an AS Cd that I thought I was going to get with the system.
    Now I am wondering if I should have gone for a proteus and bought the AS Cds separately. So in a way I am getting some buyers remorse. I am hoping to get some replies telling me why the procyon was a much better investment so I don't feel like I spent more than I needed to.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome!

I assume you took a look at the links in the post above already?

In addition, have a look at these videos and enjoy some free AudioStrobe tracks as well!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Lotus,

My final comments in the second link above became redundant soon after. As the result of firmware upgrades at that time the Procyon became one of the best AS devices around with a high contrast digital AS mode and a smooth analog mode giving two quite different experiences from the same AS content There's also the benefit of being able to select color pairs, saving the necessity to purchase separate colored glasses for the Proteus. As a reviewer and content developer I have many devices, the Procyon is the one I have used most.

Cheers,
    Craig

6. Default Re: Proteus VS Procyon?

The real disadvantage is that the Proteus can be used with ThoughtStream, while the Procyon is not compatible. I actually knew but thought I would prefer the Procyon anyway because of the glasses (2 vs 3 colors and 15 shades per color vs 255). I am still happy with my choice although of course I would prefer the Procyon to work with ThoughtStream too. I use the glasses with open eyes too (I modified them a bit with masking tape) and 15 shades would have been a bit too monotonous with open eyes. So I don't regret my choice. I love to use it with open eyes and it is quite amazing with 3 colours and all the nuances.
    Not a big issue, but the Procyon manual also has some inaccuracies concerning the length of some sessions. I mean, many people can't stand me because of my pathological perfectionism , but I think it is not so irrelevant...

PS: Because you hoped the Procyon would come with an AS CD... There is a user here (neoroasis) who has uploaded a very nice Audiostrobe CD (4 tracks). The tracks can be downloaded for free from this forum somewhere.
    Last edited by HighVisions; 04-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HighVisions View Post
    The tracks can be downloaded for free from this forum somewhere.
    Post #4.
    -Andy.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't feel as much buyers remorse now.

Thread Information