Thread: Walking Meditation

Default Walking Meditation

Over the years I've read a lot about walking meditation but never tried it. It seems to me that you'd have to have a pretty controlled environment to really make it work. For those that are unfamiliar, one technique is to use your steps or step as a tool in achieving a meditative state.

Lately I've been hitting the treadmill pretty hard, an hour a day, everyday. One day I was at a very intense pace and I closed my eye's and I was able to almost totally control my environment. It was like supercharged meditation. Since then I've done it several more times with better results everytime. There has to be sound stimulation though and so far it's music for me. what I do is listen to music from my past and then while in this meditative state I go back and re-live those moments which is all just icing on the cake because I have great memories of my life.

I can now leave the treadmill in my mind and not even feel the treadmill while in this (unknown to me) state. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. I've left the treadmill for 20 minutes and it was like I wasn't on it.

So now, I'm so tempted to put on my Procyon while on the treadmill, has anyone ever tried this ?

And incase you are worried, I hang on to the rails the whole time.

2. Default Re: Walking Meditation

This walking meditation is new for me. It seems very interesting as you explained and I think this is really fun activity to do. I will definitely try it. I did meditation courses Sydney and I learned everything except walking meditation and I will explore it on the Google. Thanks for sharing this information.

3. Default Re: Walking Meditation

Personally, I would not try it, especially using the glasses. The Procyon may take you to a deeper state, and you may lose control and injure yourself. I would keep my eyes open, at least halfway too.

Default Re: Walking Meditation

Been doing it off and on for many months now each time longer and more deeply than the last. My Procyon seems almost made for it or at least it's one of the activities amongst it's several uses that just feels right. I almost always achieve a state now where I leave my body walking while exploring exciting states of other realms a lot of times that have me not walking at all but just standing, in awe of my surroundings all while really walking at an intense pace.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpattrick699 View Post
    This walking meditation is new for me. It seems very interesting as you explained and I think this is really fun activity to do. I will definitely try it. I did meditation courses Sydney and I learned everything except walking meditation and I will explore it on the Google. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Just googled walking meditation for the first time ever (I usually rely on books rather than the internet) and there seems to be a wealth of information on the subject and books as well. Have you tried it yet? I've been doing it for about ten months now and I'm ready to add the Procyon.

I've decided to not add the Procyon due to wear and tear issues that may arise so this experiment is over. Walking meditation however will still be explored.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 03-15-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Thread Information