Thread: An enjoyable sound-only experience + question

Default An enjoyable sound-only experience + question

Yesterday I returned from work utterly tense, anxious, and unhappy. I decided to have a snooze of sorts, and chose session 3 as I like to experiment with hypnogogic states. I decided to just use sound, with a Mindfold (eye mask) - without lights for a change - as I was happy to just fall asleep if necessary.

I emerged 50 minutes later (batteries went flat so missed 10 minutes) feeling a different person. Totally relaxed and calm, really uplifted.

Question - did I perhaps benefit from not being ramped back up at the end perhaps?

Default Re: An enjoyable sound-only experience + question

I would think what took place is a personal experience.

I've been with sound-only BWE for 2+ decades and have had times when the technology fell short of programed (such as the dead batteries you mentioned) and noticed differing results. So i began experimenting with planned-failure While my results are just that...mine... I have found that some of the time i would feel groggy after a failed-theta (non ramp up) period, and sometimes refreshed. Looking at session notes it would seem that if my body/mind had been getting healthy sleep, the majority of which i would have a fast-non-groggy recovery coming out of a failed-theta session probably due to remaining some-what conscious in a meditative state rather than slipping into any type of micro-sleep or power-nap mode. But if notes showed my sleep during that week had been fragmented or shallow the groggy would set in...like what my body needed mid day was actually a ~90 sleep cycle and the theta brought me down just enough to kick in some sleep-time without my realizing it, and my body/mind then telling me it needed to complete the sleep cycle (even if _sleep_ was not the initial goal of the session.

Cheers,
    Thom

Thanks Accrete, interesting. I would like to study my own body clock further, I'm particularly interesting in cycles and how I might use my Procyon to help me get out of my standard condition, whereby I am always tired / sleepy / groggy in the morning.

I too have had varied results from the above / incomplete sessions. I do wonder about a new device which people could use while going about their usual tasks, i.e. lights which are flashing but with eyes open. I used my Procyon recently, on the bridge of my nose, while watching television. It enabled me to fully relax whereas usually I'm fidgeting about and restless.

elsewhere i noted i'm going to be ordering a Procyon this month, and this will be my first official avs device. I have an interesting/beneficial work schedule that allows me to out of the office by 1430 and i have regularly attemped to make time for a 25 to 35 minute power nap. Typically i will go with on of my sessions created with MWS in the schuman 7.8 freq with a brook back ground and then birdsong to ramp up during the last 3 to 5 minutes to 10hz just as a sort of gentle wake up. I find the short power naps to be very beneficial for me ~1530-1600 in the afternoons...but i am spoiled with my schedule!

Happy Tuning in & out
    Thom

That sounds great, having a flexible schedule to experiment within!

My latest idea is to have a quick relax session as soon as I get in from work. I did it again this evening, 30 minutes or so, lying down. After about 20 minutes it simply knocked me out and I only came round when it started ramping up near the end - really cool how it can control you like that! Definitely feel relaxed afterwards, though it always takes a few minutes to fully 'awake'.

I'd like to try some superlearning too; for example perhaps listening to a non-fiction audiobook on wine, whilst using an hour-long superlearning program. I'm terrible at learning and retaining new information, so will be interesting..

Cheers -
    Tom

Thread Information