Thread: Best frequency range for learning a new language ?

Default Best frequency range for learning a new language ?

Hi,
    still using my Orion (still going strong ) but wondered if anyone has any advice as to the best frequency for language learning. Currently I have recorded CD's which I listen to whilst using the mindlab. Alpha is often recommended.... but, have also seen Theta touted as a better alternative.......any suggestions, please

Kind Regards David

2. Default Re: Best frequency range for learning a new language ?

Theta is more suited for memorizing material without analyzing or understanding. If you have to think about what the material means, it will be too much mental activity to stay in a theta state. In that case, you would use alpha.

Default Re: Best frequency range for learning a new language ?

Thank you for the reply and advice. That makes perfect sense, in fact I will try to play new phrases (whilst in theta) whilst trying to 'ignore' any analytical thoughts ....to try to embed the 'notion' and 'feel' of the language. Then ....by progressing to an Alpha state to 'hear' and learn the repeated phrases .....I hope this makes sense. Would a strategy like this be beneficial ?

4. Default Re: Best frequency range for learning a new language ?

I would use alpha sessions for the new phrases, visualizing and anchoring what they mean. Then after you know what they mean, you can add the phrases to a theta session to reinforce them. Theta is associated with automatic thinking, so called "muscle memory" where speech and actions happen without having to think about it first. Should have you speaking like a native in no time!

Thank you for taking the time to reply Brewmaster, excellent suggestion. I can now see that 'reinforcement' using theta rather than Alpha makes much more sense.

Kind Regards David

Blog Entries

Just to add to what Brewmasher said, Theta is also the state where our brain processes information. So after studying, a Theta program is an excellent choice because it allows what we have just learned to be processed and go into longterm memory before any distractions can interrupt the process.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Just to add to what Brewmasher said, Theta is also the state where our brain processes information. So after studying, a Theta program is an excellent choice because it allows what we have just learned to be processed and go into longterm memory before any distractions can interrupt the process.

M.
    Hi Marisa,
    thank you for your extra input. It's unfortunate that the Orion is not re-programmable so I could sync the language cds with an alpha to theta and then back to beta. Better start saving the 'pennies' and invest in a proteus or better

Regards David

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Hi Marisa,
    thank you for your extra input. It's unfortunate that the Orion is not re-programmable so I could sync the language cds with an alpha to theta and then back to beta. Better start saving the 'pennies' and invest in a proteus or better

Regards David
    Hi David,

You could just run any of the relaxation programs for 15 to 20 minutes after you study and you will still get the benefit. The idea is for you to give your brain a chance to process what has been learned.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi David,

You could just run any of the relaxation programs for 15 to 20 minutes after you study and you will still get the benefit. The idea is for you to give your brain a chance to process what has been learned.

M.
    I will certainly try it, thank you

David

Thread Information