Thread: Help!

1. Default Help!

my protues seems traped into the dl model somehow.Everytime I turn it on,it just starts with the dl model,and I cann't change the model no matter how many times I press the button which can change the model.Could somebody help me please? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help!

Hello;

One of 2 things must have happened.

First, you may have a stuck button. Press each button on the Proteus and make sure that each of them "click" and are not stuck.
    Second, if the buttons are not stuck, something has corrupted the firmware. You will need to re-flash the OS. If you need instructions on how to do this using the Proteus Editor, I can walk you through it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Help!

Thanks for your reply.I have checked the buttons,they are fuctioning well.I think maybe something has corrupted the firmware.Could you please tell me how to reflash the OS?Is it the same as updating the OS?

Blog Entries

It is the same as updating the OS.

You'll need to download the latest Editor, and the latest OS.
    They are available here.
    If you don't have an RS-232 port on your computer, you'll need to get a USB to RS-232 adapter. I would recommend the one from Mindplace, available here.

Once you have the editor installed, and if necessary, the USB to RS-232 adapter's driver, you need to connect up your Proteus and power it on. Set the correct COM port in the Editor (Serial Port/Set Comm port), and then click "Update Code" and point the program to the latest OS file that you downloaded. Once you find the file and click OK, you should see the LED display on the Proteus flashing through a bunch of numbers very quickly, and a progress bar in the editor.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you get stuck anywhere.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Also, check that you are using fresh alkaline batteries.

Cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information