Thread: Newbie questions-your kind assistance needed

Default Newbie questions-your kind assistance needed

I just received my Procyon today and am in the process of learning how to use some of the features.
    1. How do I transfer the free Audiostrobe files from soundcloud to the Procyon (without deleting the deafult 50 tracks already on the procyon)?
    (any tutorial would be highly appreciated)

2. Is it possible to listen to the audiostrobe files directly from my pc and get the light effects on my glasses (without transferring to the procyon device)? If so how? (I plugged in the usb cable to my pc and the auxiliary port cable from procyon to the port on my Bose computer speaker headset, but was unable to get the light effects on the ganzer glasses, only the sound from my computer speakers)

3. Last but not the least, I downloaded the driver and the procyon editor. On the default editor screen that opened, I accidentally clicked the right hand button "send data to procyon" When I did that I noticed that my ganzer glasses were flashing and the procyon mode changed to PC. (Note: I made no changes when in any value when I opened the editor)
    As a consequence of this, Have the default factory settings on the Procyon changed? (if so, how would I know?) If the settings have changed, can I get the original factory settings back?

I apologize for so many questions, and i appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank You!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie questions-your kind assistance needed

Quote Originally Posted by alja78 View Post
    I just received my Procyon today and am in the process of learning how to use some of the features.
    Congratulations and Welcome!

1. How do I transfer the free Audiostrobe files from soundcloud to the Procyon (without deleting the deafult 50 tracks already on the procyon)?
    (any tutorial would be highly appreciated)
    You don't. You cannot load music or tracks onto the Procyon. The Procyon can be thought of as basically a sound and light "synthesiser". The Sessions are created and modified by the Procyon Editor.

2. Is it possible to listen to the audiostrobe files directly from my pc and get the light effects on my glasses (without transferring to the procyon device)? If so how? (I plugged in the usb cable to my pc and the auxiliary port cable from procyon to the port on my Bose computer speaker headset, but was unable to get the light effects on the ganzer glasses, only the sound from my computer speakers)
    The Ganzframes can only be controlled from the Procyon. You connect the Procyon to your computer using the included 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRS cable, connecting the headphone output on your computer to the AUX connection on the Procyon. Set your Procyon to "AS" mode and go!

3. Last but not the least, I downloaded the driver and the procyon editor. On the default editor screen that opened, I accidentally clicked the right hand button "send data to procyon" When I did that I noticed that my ganzer glasses were flashing and the procyon mode changed to PC. (Note: I made no changes when in any value when I opened the editor)
    As a consequence of this, Have the default factory settings on the Procyon changed? (if so, how would I know?) If the settings have changed, can I get the original factory settings back?
    You have not changed anything on the Procyon at this point. To over write the Sessions in the Procyon, you use the "Upload Session to Procyon" function in the Editor. If you were though to somehow need to get back the Factory sessions to the Procyon, it's simple enough to do.

I apologize for so many questions, and i appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank You!
    No problem at all. Spend a little time going through the owner's manual, and reading up on the forum here. There is a huge wealth of information available here on the support site. Check out the Articles, Blogs and Forums.

Enjoy!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Newbie questions-your kind assistance needed

Andy:
    Thank you very much! Appreciate the response.
    Yippee! it works (it was a loose connection at the computer which prevented the ganzframes from working yesterday).

I have read the owner's manual once and am digesting all the choices.

Thread Information