Thread: Newbie Here.....Sort Of

1. Default Newbie Here.....Sort Of

Hello, I recently found my Procyon again. It shows 1.7.4 when turned on.

Trying to get caught up to the latest software.firmware etc.

I have tried follwing the vids as well as threads on installing drivers etc in win7 x64....having great difficulty. Hopefully someone could shed some light on things.

Ok, I installed the procyonsetup file with ver 1 drivers. Rebooted.

Then, I installed the silabs drivers as per the Win x64 thread. Reboot.
    I then plugged in my Procyon, showed installing drivers, but then giives message of drivers not installed.

When I check device Mgr, I don't see any UART Bridge Com stuff.

I have an unrecognized driver that shows..TUSB3410 Boot Device.

This has happened the 4 times I have tried this.

Now, the USB cable I'm using is not the one that came with my Procyon(misplaced). when plugged in though, it does seem to be seeing the procyon OK, to install the drivers.

Could this be part of the problem Is the Procyon proprietary<sp>

What type of USB cable (model/type) do i need if this is the problem?

Any insight to this problem appreciated. Right now everyhting is un-installed; ready to start from scratch.

Walking away right now, till I can get some good advice from you nice folks. Thank You for your time.

Best,
    David

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie Here.....Sort Of

Hi David;

Please have a look at this link.
    You will see there that there are different installers depending on the Procyon that you have. There is also a description there to help you identify what kind of Procyon you have.

You have a Rev1 Procyon, which uses the Procyon Installer software to update the OS on the Procyon. Additionally, the driver does not work for Windows 7 x64. It's one of the reasons we changed to a different IC for the Rev2 Procyon. You will need to use an x32 OS to update the OS on that Procyon, or alternately, you can send it back to MindPlace where they will update it for you at no charge. However, if you're having no trouble with your Procyon, there is no need to update the OS.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Newbie Here.....Sort Of

Hi andy, Thanks for the info. Well, I was afraid that might be the case. All my OS are x64 now. When you say upgrade, to you my procyon would be upgraded to the Rev 3 stuff. Or will I be Rev 1 still, with that systems latest Rev 1 update.

I would certainly consider sending in my Procyon if that was the case, safe a little bit of cash. Is there a secti9on that explains the update/upgrade stuff. I looked through the FAQ's didn't see anything.

If I'm misunderstaning you, my apologies. Thanks again, for your kind assistance.

Best,
    David

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie Here.....Sort Of

Hi David;

I was suggesting a free update of the OS from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6. It would still be a Rev1 Procyon, and unfortunately unable to work under any x64 version of Windows.

If you are interested in upgrading your Procyon to a Rev2 or Rev3 please click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to send me an e-mail and we can discuss the cost.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information