Thread: Binaural sessions in Procyon editor: a question.

Smile Binaural sessions in Procyon editor: a question.

Good morning ,
    I'm trying to create some sessions in the editor. I have a question.
    In order to create a binaural sound in the session, do I need to edit the pitch in the sound box or is it sufficient to set the delta value of lights in the frequencies fields?
    EXAMPLE. I want to create a pitch of 93hz in the right ear and 87hz in the left; in other term, a carrier of 90hz and a delta of 6hz, to induct a Theta state of consciousness. In this case, is it sufficient to set a flat value of 6hz in the light frequency in a channel (e.g. red) with sound modulation on this channel? Or do I have to set also the pitch in the sound box (93 - 87)?
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Binaural sessions in Procyon editor: a question.

Hi ouroboros,
    To create binaural beats in the Procyon editor you would set the modulation to each audio channel to 'None'. Then you would set the frequency of one channel (doesn't matter which) to have a difference that equals the desired entrainment pulse. As you said, 93L and 87R would create a 6Hz 'beat' or pulse heard in your headphones. Note that it would not actually be a 90Hz tone that is heard, only the beating at 6Hz.

If you set the light channels to modulate the audio then you are creating 'isochronic' tone pulses. These are effective with or without headphones.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Dear Scott,
    thanks so much for your kindness and useful clarification, I'll let you know what I find during my tests, in the case any effective session emerge.
    Usually, I create sequences in SBaGen, that is a free binaural generator. I use the Harmonic Box X method. For instance, if I take two carriers 90hz (with a binaural beat of + 6hz) and 78hz (with a binaural beat of -6hz), the software returns the following:

Channel1 Channel2 Beat Type
    93 87 6 Binaural
    75 81 -6 Binaural
    87 81 6 Monaural
    93 81 12 Binaural
    87 75 12 Binaural
    93 75 18 Monaural

I don't know if something similar is possible and/or useful to do in the Procyon Editor.
    Thanks for your help, sincerely,

Mike

Blog Entries

I do like the Harmonic Box X method and use it in Mind Workstation and other software. Essentially it creates Monaural beats on each ear and stacked Binaural beats between them. This is not possible on the Procyon because the audio generator doesn't allow more than one tone or 'chords' in each ear at the same time. The Proteus will create dual binaural beats but not Harmonic Box X really because the ratio between the tones ie 1/2, 2/3... is too large.

You can of course create your Harmonic Box X session in another piece of software and then use Synchromuse to align the soundtrack with a Procyon RGB lightshow. Or more low tech you could just play the audio file and hit the play button on the Procyon at the proper time.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thank you very much Scott, much less doubts now!

Scott, another point. It seems Mind Workstation does not support RBG editing in the Audiostrobe session. Is there a software similar to Mind Workstation that can do it?

Blog Entries

AudioStrobe uses 2 channels of audio to produce a color mixture between 2 LEDs. The original specification was never designed for more than 2 channels. That was one of the motivations for the creation of Synchromuse as a triggering technology. So that RGB sessions could be designed in the Procyon editor and synchronized with audio files. There is work going on to move beyond the limitations of AudioStrobe but that is for the future.

Thread Information