Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

1. Default Re: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

Would like to know with the different downloads how does that work? I have my Sirius and glasses that I use audiostrobe CDs with how would a download work?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

The AudioStrobe downloads would need to be played through your computer, smartphone, or portable media player. Note that the ones that I have created make strong use of the separate audio channels and have not been designed for a single color machine like the Sirius... but may be interesting nonetheless...
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

Couldn't you also just burn the download to a cd to use in your normal cd player?

Also, I thought that in another thread people were saying that the information is wrong and that the Sirius does in fact support two color channels?

Blog Entries

Yes you are correct that the Sirius is able to decode both channels of an AudioStrobe file. It only comes with Monocolor glasses though which is why I suggested that there might be a difference between this use and the intent of the light session design. The monocolor frames take the 2 channels and split them left and right. Sorry for the confusion.

And also yes you can burn to cd if you convert the files or have a cd player that will play high bitrate mp3s.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

Thanks for the clarification Neuroasis! Question for you: Are many of the existing audiostrobe cd's on the market designed for two color glasses?

Blog Entries

I think the AudioStrobe CDs offered by MindPlace will work well with either. The lights are either synced together or alternatively flash... Some people even prefer (TomC?) viewing them monocolor with white glasses...

I have a weird way of making my way from point A to point B. I assess what's presented and then dissect it. This is the way I deal with 90% of my life. Most of the time I consider that a strength.

When I first began using my Procyon I could just imagine the possibilities and began to learn how to control visuals to a certain degree with several different techniques. I then programed a couple sessions, that was fun. Then my way of thinking kicked in. I want to know the basics backward and forward, inside and out so I stopped manipulating visuals and programing sessions and am currently letting my Procyon do the driving.

I would love to see deceased relatives, but I want to talk to them to. I had vivid dreams with detailed discussions for 2 years that involved a very close friend that passed away. At the end of every dream he would say " Ok I have to go now ", it was so real.

I most certainly want to use my Procyon to connect with my deceased friends and relatives but those sessions will take place in the future, maybe even a few years from now. The Procyon is huge and I'm only at point A and a half out of A to Z of our evolution together.

So synaethesia, when you say you use AVS for meditation and relaxation I say that's great, that's not just great that's awesome. It's amazing that we have this tool for those purposes. I love every minute of Requiem. I'm not even sure which parts I like the best yet, could be those strings and vocals you wrote about.

As a side note Requiem is no where near being about death for me but it is still a very cool session and I can appreciate the concept. It's definitely worth the purchase.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 03-08-2012 at 09:57 PM.

When I first met Andrzej (pronounced 'an-dji') in 1994, we discovered a common interest: biophotons. I had read everything I could find on this topic, and various subjects related to quantum coherence within and between cells at the time. One active author/researcher on this topic was (and is) Fritz-Albert Popp, who turned out to be a colleague of Andrzej's parents, both of whom were biophysicists in Poland. It turned out that Andrzej spent a summer in FAP's workshop, and 'Requiem' was based on recordings of coherent photons being emitted by dying cells. This might seem creepy to some at first, but the underlying concept is beautiful: biochemical processes within cells are propagating in looping, dancing cascades, and energy and information moves about the cell in the form of organized patterns of light. All chemical reactions involve changes in the outer 'valence' electrons' energy state, causing them to emit and absorb photons. Molecular bonds all have specific energies, and bonds forming or breaking emit electromagnetic signals which tend to entrain other bonds at the same frequencies very briefly, perhaps sometimes on the other side of the cell. In this view the cell processes are akin to an orchestra, playing the symphony of life as an exquisite light show. In certain esoteric traditions these properties might correspond to the 'light body'. An excellent semi-technical introduction is Mae-Wan Ho's "The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms".

This field of inquiry was started by H Frolich, a Nobel-prize winning physicist, who proposed studying the cell as a solid state system. Some published research suggests that coherent ultraviolet photons reside within the core of DNA, allowing genes to 'whisper' to one another, and that the microtubules within neurons may also have the property of producing coherent photons within their cores, which may ultimately have an important role in defining the nature of mind and brain (see Stuart Hameroff, Roger Penrose for examples).

9. Default Re: Information on audiostrobe cd Requiem

I just got Requiem and I find one part very annoying with a lot of wailing noises, just don't care for it, the other part is much better and I do get relaxation from it. I did experience with Elements 2 something that's never happened before i felt I was raising up like a floating sensation never happened before but it was very nice. I do see many images that come and go almost like a movie being played in my eyes, I do see deceased loved ones time after time, when my mom comes to me she is always wearing her glasses which is kind of wierd because she didn't always wear them. I find the blue glasses probably are best for relaxing for me, I have suffered from severe anxiety most of my life so between this and deep breathing it has helped me very much. This I have also noticed after my sessions I find I am motivated to straighten my house up and do chores that normally I hate to do, I am loving to organize closets etc.

From what I know so far it seems to me that relaxation is just one of the many objectives associated with AVS. There are numerous tools in the AVS bag. Relaxation is easily achieved and I personally never expected requiem to be one of those ways. In fact I own 5 Audio Strobe CD's so far and I don't use one of them for relaxation but to explore the possibilities so to speak. Actually the first thing I did was to establish solid methods of relaxation using my Procyon including the pre loaded relaxation sessions and one that I wrote myself. I can't wait to purchase more Audio Strobe CD's which will probably be very soon, I find them a great way to to awaken parts of my mind that have been dormant for years. If it takes a screaming train horn, I'm in, I don't care, that's what Audio Strobe is for me.

Thread Information