Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: neurosky mindmap

1. Default neurosky mindmap

Hi, I have an important question that I hope you can answer to me if it is possible.
    I have the mindset of NeuroSky, which although only has one electrode, it seems fairly accurate, the fact is that I always make theta waves very high, at any time of day and with good signal, it appears that this may be due to a problem of TDAH, the truth is that I can hardly read, I forget things and I'm usually always stressed, which is consistent with TDAH, I leave the graph to you can see the map and get me your opinion, which I thank you infinitely because is a problem that dificult enormously my life.
    a greeting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: neurosky mindmap

Greetings--I haven't worked with the Neurosky yet, but it certainly does appear that your waking theta is too high, and that is consistent with EEG studies I'm familiar with regarding ADHD (= TDAH). Neurofeedback training typically has the goal of lowering your theta and raising beta--in particular beta1 and beta2. Your higher beta4 might correlate with stress level (but I am not a doctor and we cannot offer medical advice). You might try light and sound sessions in the 13-21 hz range - daily for a month for example. If you can do that while recording your EEG you would have an interesting collection of data to explore...

3. Default Re: neurosky mindmap

I appreciate deeply your information,I know is not your mission to give medical advice and that is why you show great sensitivity, Could you tell me that?s the Proteus program is right for your recommendation of 13-21 hz?.
    again thank you very much and I hope your answer.

4. Default Re: neurosky mindmap

it seems that the six program in the proteus is the adecuate: 6 Peak Performance 30 Peak Composure 10 to 23 Beta.
    is this the apropiate program to the attention deficit and hiperactivy?
    thank you for your attention.

Blog Entries

Filemon, what are your thoughts on the Home of Attention program?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: neurosky mindmap

hi, dear friend, the program is simply fantastic, is a typical neurofeedback programs to which you type you want to train brain waves, when these fall within this range the sound and / or video of your choice works, if any parameter of your map brain is out of the train you want, then the sound and / or video stand.
    is very simple, but sometimes as simple as is also the most effective, has five basic programs to start with, but you can schedule it as you want, this is the basic interface:
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Default Re: neurosky mindmap

another thing is if it really works, for that would have to compare the mental map of NeuroSky with other equipment such as Emotiv and see if they match, is what I will do soon, if so then the NeuroSky is undoubtedly the device which are better, because of its easy of use, it takes only five seconds to wear it, and when dry electrode requires no maintenance.
    if you buy the NeuroSky, I recommend the basic model, since the mindset can not be used while the Proycon, plus it's cheaper (100 $).
    I hope to serve you and any questions that occur to you the will clarify you.
    a greeting.

Blog Entries

I have the MindSet and I like it very much. The only reason it can't be used standalone with the Procyon is because of the wireless headphones. This seems like a nice feature and it is for most things but if you need to get audio into the headphones and out to the Procyon like when using AudioStrobe with Mind Workstation or NeuroProgrammer it can be a challenge. This is true of any mind machine of course not just the Procyon.
    I have had some luck using Virtual Audio Cable and the Audio Repeater application included with it. With this you can send an audio stream to multiple outputs simultaneously. So I send the audio both to the Bluetooth headphones on the MindSet and to an audio out jack on the computer. It works, but sometimes the stream drops out and that is not great while you are deep in meditation.
    As filemon mentions, the MindWave has no headphones so it is an easier solution.
    I also agree about the Neurosky products being much easier to use than the Emotiv EPOC because of dry electrodes and easier set up. At some point, hopefully soon, they are supposed to release dry electrodes for the Emotiv but they are late... still 14 channels of EEG and integration with Mind Workstation is useful.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: neurosky mindmap

do you know if the mindset mind-map is exatly?, naturaly thy says that yes, but naturaly I don?t believe in nothing, I like research it, and the best way to it is compare with two devices at the same time, is for that I?ll buy the emotiv, a greating.

Blog Entries

Really, no I don't know how accurate it is. The specs are quite good for such an inexpensive device and the company has a very good track record with their products. The Attention and Meditation measurements are proprietary composite readings and the technical documents do not detail exactly how they are calculated as these are some of their trade secrets.

The Raw Data detailing the amplitude of brainwave bands should be accurate within the limit of the sensors and the refresh rate. However, besides the Research SDK, Neurosky does not officially offer software that shows the raw data. (at least I don't think so) But 3rd party software is available in the Neurosky store that does and that would indicate at least some official support.

Thread Information