Thread: Mindlab DLS - Still working well after 16 years - Anyone else?

Default Mindlab DLS - Still working well after 16 years - Anyone else?

I have just replaced the 4xAA rechargable internal batteries to my original Mindlab DLS - it still works perfectly and I only had to change the batteries because the originals wouldn't last very long.

My question is - Does anyone else still use this model?
    I've seen variations on it called 'Mindlab Pro' and 'Theta Technologies Mind's Eye' - Apparently it can still be bought - but I'm not sure if there are BIOS/ OS variations between them...

Also - does anyone have an original manual (pdf) or - and I know this is a long shot - some of the downloadable programs that used to be on cassette?

I used to use it all the time, and have just started back into it and would love to get the best of it...

And I'm sure I would appreciate upgrading to one of the newer models - and may well do so - but I know that the money I spent on mine is very well spent indeed to have it still working for all this time...

Thanks for Reading

Default Re: Mindlab DLS - Still working well after 16 years - Anyone else?

Thanks for your kind words, and we're delighted your Mindlab is still working well after all this time. I'm particularly fond of that series as it was the last one that I designed and coded myself, before bringing Todd Stone aboard to handle the nuts n bolts. We do have a manual on this site for the Mindlab Pro, which is quite similar to the DLS, you can download it from here:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/content.php?2-Archive (the Archive section). We don't have a DLS manual in the office now, but I'll keep an eye out for one next time I visit the storage locker.

Default Re: mindlab dls

Hi,

I've no idea if it's the right thread or not but my question is about the mindlab dls.

I've a several years old machine but it still looks pretty new since I rarely used it in the past. Now that I want to use it, I realize that I lost the power supply required to charge it.

Is it possible to get a new power supply and/or to get, at least, the its specifications (output Volts, mA). I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Smg

Default Re: Mindlab DLS - Still working well after 16 years - Anyone else?

Thanks for the trick, clevebre. I'm going to do the same as you since I lost my power supply.

Btw, do you still have yours ? And if yes, could you please tell me the specs of it (like 7 volts, 200 mA that can usually be seen at the back of it). Note that it may be no good for me anyway since I let the batteries to completely drain (not sure of the term here - I'm a french guy).

Note that I have the original user guide as well (and in english :-)). I can scan the pages and send it to you if it's ok with MindPlace, of course (usual copyright notice).

Smg

5. Default Re: Mindlab DLS - Still working well after 16 years - Anyone else?

Mindlab DLS is still being sold brand new under a different brand name - exact same device but it may have different programs

https://thetatechnologies.com/

https://thetatechnologies.com/wp-con...Guide-2016.pdf

Thread Information