Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Mind machines work for everyone

Default Do Mind machines work for everyone

Hi Iv been thinking of buying the Procron for meditation and visilisation can I ask do these machines work or are they a gimmic?

figgered this would be the best place to ask

thanx

Ken

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do Mind machines work for everyone

Hi Ken,

This is a great question because I'm sure many potential buyers wonder the same thing.

The first thing to know is that all AVS machines (all brands) work on the same principle of coaxing the brain waves into a desired state. The machines are a tool that can make getting into these states easier and many people enjoy satisfactory results. If you don't get the results you want with one of our products, it's unlikely that you would get the results you want with another product. It's like buying a bicycle, they all work on the same principle but there are a variety of features - and prices.

I think it's important to look at these machines as a tool.

If you look at a hammer, for example, it is a tool that many find useful when applying nails. There are other tools that can do the same thing (like a rock or wrench) but they are not tools designed for that purpose. Of course, the more practice you have using a hammer the better results you will have. If you never used a hammer before and you start building a fence, you may get lucky and get the nails in straight or you may miss some nails or bend nails until you get use to the act of hammering. The hammer is just a tool, it can be a great tool in the hands of someone who is willing to learn how to use the tool and approaches using the tool with the right attitude. If you hit your thumb with the hammer, you could blame the hammer ...

So, long story short - is AVS a gimmick, no - there is science behind the principle of how it works and why. Will you be able to meditate using the machine? Yes, but how long this takes depends on the individual. Everyone can meditate (with machine or without) the machine is a tool that just makes it easier and is also a fun vehicle to use getting there.
    The same applies with visualization.

This forum may be really useful to you as you can read through the discussions others have had about the products and their experiences. You can read up on the science behind the machines and you can read through the manuals and check out the return policy (if you buy through Mindplace) and even talk to technical support experts if you have questions.

I hope this helps answer your question. If not, keep asking.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hi Ken;

Take a few minutes and have a look around the forum at the number of people who are using these products with great success.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanx for getting back to me would of replied sooner but did not know post was activated

I tried to order the MindLab Procyon from your website ... presuming its Life tools website?

But I get an error You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ss000001.pl on this server ...same error on contact page plus a few others. its a error 403 which is a read access.

cOULD i ask is there a new site for buying these?

thanx

Ken

Blog Entries

The site you're looking for is Mindplace. http://www.mindplace.com
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

The Mindplace website is: http://www.mindplace.com/ .

Life Tools is a separate company and while they may have permission to sell Mindplace products - they are a reseller, much like a department store resells name brand merchandise.

One more thing, The Procyon is called, "Procyon AVS". I don't know what the "MindLab" part of the name means but it's not the official "name brand" of the product.

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

owww thanx for that always thought they where the creators lol Np will look for a uK supplier to save it getting inport taxe added on way over.

Hi I was wondering do you have a supplier in the Uk?

Also I watched a youtube review just now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPwkxcqNog the last part shows it makes strange noises, wouldnt that be destracting I mean if I was to use it with a guided meditation mp3 would drown out the voice?

It seems strange to have those weared sounds in the background but im guessing Im just missing something and if it works thats all that matters.

One thing im hoping to do with this is to astral or lucid dream can this be used for such? if so what sort of frequency would I need and would I need to use it with the strange noise with out music?

The reason Im guessing this may work is a Lighthouse I worked on use to have a generator that gave out a strange hum it use to constently put me in obe Im guessing it was to do with some frequency.

Thanx

Ken

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    owww thanx for that always thought they where the creators lol Np will look for a uK supplier to save it getting inport taxe added on way over.
    email: regina@mindplace.com She'll be able to tell you if there is an "active" dealer in the UK.

M.

Blog Entries

Hi Ken,

Mind machines definitely do work and the principles of creating meditative states with properly timed pulses has a long history of use. Adding light that is synchronized with audio takes the experience to a whole new level. You have experienced the power of repetitive stimuli apparently with your experiences at the Lighthouse and I think that is really very cool. I would guess the generator was pulsing in low theta frequencies.

The sounds that you hear at the end of the video are stimulation tones from the internal synthesizer on the Procyon. In this case they are isochronic pulses which basically means that the audio 'pulses' at brainwave frequencies in sync with the lights. Audio is an important component but you can mix it with your preferred sounds or music to find out what works best for you.

Thanks for your questions and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information