Thread: Autosuggestions and learn languages by using procyon

Question Autosuggestions and learn languages by using procyon

hi there ,
    I have some questions about my procyon,
    First , i want to know that how can i use my procyon to make autosuggestion,i means how to go to hypnotic state easier.
    Second, I want to using for language study.just cobine the CD and the sounds from procyen?then listen?
    I really appreciate your help,thanks very much

2. Default Re: Autosuggestions and learn languages by using procyon

You can do this quite easily with the NeuroProgrammer software from Transparent. You can drive the Procyon using Audiostrobe. Check out the Learning From Audio Recordings session. Free trial here http://www.transparentcorp.com/dl/

Blog Entries

Default Re: Autosuggestions and learn languages by using procyon

Hello welcome to the forums!

Your Procyon is well suited to assist in the areas that you are asking about if you will apply some strategies. Allow me to make some suggestions.

Now, a state of deep hypnosis can be understood as a altered state highlighted by an increase in suggestibility. That is you are briefly suspending judgement and, to a measure, control and letting someone else 'drive' while you enjoy the ride. That is why hypnosis often involves a therapist or at the very least guided narration. A relationship of trust, comfort, and a willingness to let the experience unfold is all that is really required. It is very easy for certain personality types to accept and follow along with hypnotic suggestions. Other personality types, need a bit of work to overcome resistance or the desire to always maintain control.

There is a form of self-hypnosis where you are essentially splitting off a part of your internal dialog to act as the narrator while another part is accepting and acting upon the suggestions. This is pretty advanced and hard to take to deep levels unless prior hypnotic experiences or post hypnotic suggestions are in place.

So taking that point of view how can the Procyon help?

One of the best things about a mind machine session is that by its very nature it provides a 'guided experience'. The flashing lights are prompts that give your brain cues to react to and follow along. This allows you to lie back and enjoy the journey, trusting that the session programmer has created a structure that is conducive to the mind state described in the session. You are able to experience this in the comfort of your own environment, on your own terms, as many times and for as long as you like. This builds the 'follow along' state of mind that is needed for successful hypnosis.

In addition, you can use recordings of hypnotic scripts, either professional ones, purchased or downloaded, or even create your own which is ideal to create that 'divided' state where your voice is guiding the journey and your internal self is following the instructions. Now, the only caveat with that is some people have a tendency to judge recordings of their own voice too harshly and become distracted by this. In general, work should be done to overcome this tendency as it reaps other benefits beside just hypnosis to build self esteem and confidence.

I haven't really mentioned the states of mental relaxation and brainwave patterns that a mind machine encourages that are useful for hypnosis, but of course these are important components. Of the factory set, I think the Night Voyage sessions are the most suited for hypnotic experiences.

If you do take the smart step of actually visiting a hypnotherapist, look for one (if in a large enough city with many to choose from) that is familiar with mind machines and also will send recordings home with you. If this is not possible, ask to go ahead and include the mind machine in at least some of the sessions and encourage the therapist to include post hypnotic suggestions that utilize it. Taking this step, you should isolate those sessions from any other use besides hypnosis.

Long subject, long post but I hope it helps....

On language learning, there are two facets of the learning process: the active and the passive. In almost all courses the active facet is the primary focus. It includes learning vocabulary, language structure, practicing drills, using multimedia modules and so on. The passive phase is de-emphasized and overlooked to a degree.

I tend to think that the greatest use of a mind machine for learning a new language would be to listen to long stretches of recorded materials either literature, speeches, news, podcasts, movie dialogs... in the target language. It is best if you are already somewhat familiar with the material in your native language. Just using the alternative language tracks from movies can be good for this as you have sound effects and the musical score and such to provide context.

I consider this a passive exercise. You are not trying to 'learn' anything really. You are merely becoming used to the language as spoken: its rhythm, pronunciation, syllable emphasis, emotional overtones, etc. Think of yourself like an infant or toddler who is hearing the language embedded in the world around them and soaking it in... only later beginning to understand what it actually means through other methods.

The mind machine can create a very relaxed state and pleasant internal environment for this passive learning.

It is also useful for creating ideal states of mind prior to doing your lessons and after studies creating states ideal for post-processing the material. The Learning sessions on the Procyon are designed for this.

Anyway, another very broad subject and I tend to think of practical uses rather than promises of magic buttons...

Please let me know what your thoughts are and ask any other questions if needed.

Enjoy the ride,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Great response Scott,

I can see how the Night Voyage program could work with someone if they did this before going to bed or while in bed. The trick would be to get the suggestions in just before they fall asleep because once asleep, the hypnosis session is over. If the person was wanting to wake up and be alert after the session, then a Night Voyage program is not the best choice because it doesn't ramp up at the end of the session like all the other programs. In that case P17 or P19 may be better choices.

P.S. If someone is trying to learn something and is using a CD or Tape along with their AVS machine, please note that there is no sleep learning. For the first few minutes before you fall asleep, you are in a suggestible state and can learn but that state passes into deeper states such as delta, there is no learning as your brain isn't going to pay attention to the spoken information. We are also most suggestible just as we are waking up and this is also a good time for suggestions to take hold. This "twilight" state corresponds to Alpha/Theta. The lighter sleep is where we dream and this state can be a suggestible state as well but unless you are practiced in lucid dreaming, it's difficult to remember the instructions to give the mind while in this state. As Scott says the nice thing is that the AVS machine is really good at getting you into that state and keeping you there but if you are trying to learn something via CD or MP3, choose a program where you will not fall asleep.

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 01-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Good points, Marisa. Attached is a version of Night Voyage 35 that does ramp up at the end.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

That's awesome Scott. I'm sure lots of people will benefit from that. I hope you put a copy of it in the Sessions Library. It certainly gives the users more options now on meditative programs.

On that subject, ha ha I'm changing the subject slightly. There is a number of people who use the Procyon to fall asleep but wake up at some point during the night and have problems falling back asleep. While, problems falling back asleep has nothing to do with the Procyon but helping resolve the problem may.

What I think would really be helpful for this group of people is to have a program on the Procyon that begins in a deep theta state and then ramps down into delta. I think this could be done by modifying one of the Night Voyage programs. I've been thinking about doing this for a while but just haven't had the opportunity to do it yet.

Maybe you or someone else can do this? I think it is just a matter of removing the first few segments in the program.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hey Marisa,
    I have created the session you have requested. It is here http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=8219#post8219

Thread Information