Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm
    Right-click and select "Save target as..."
    Last edited by Andy; 01-13-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

Mindplace,

Just tried program 8. Its true that the audio level is now just too low. I don't know who said the audio was too loud out of the procyon. But there is such a thing called a volume knob that people can just turn down the volume to their liking. Its extremely difficult to move the knob by accident. The fact that some programs have much lower volumes than others means the Procyon needs the extra audio volume available. I would also venture to guess that the process of lowering the maximum allowable audio volume could have brought on many of the audio anomalies in the first place because the signal to noise ratio would decrease proportionally. And when the volume is turned all the way up on session 8, there is a massive buzzing sound.

I definately do feel people should take care of their hearing and not listen to audio too loudly (really over 80db with extended listening). You probably should include a bit about that in your manual if its not there already. But again, some of these sessions have soft audio and need to be able to go louder than others. And the audio artifact becomes a problem the more a session is turned up.

Mindplace's original intention and testing of the volume level was correct. Please return to the original audio levels of OS 1.6.8. I don't see why people just can't use the volume knob as it was intended.

Thanks

3. Unhappy Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

I've updated to Procyon OS 1.7.3. The aliasing has improved but there is still a high pitched tone in the background. If this high pitch was removed, everything would sound great.

How many other users notice this same high pitch that is apparent on all presets?

-Rich

Thread Information