Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split field question

Blog Entries

Default Re: Split field question

I agree with Joseph essentially and had said as much to OP in a PM.

I would not recommend basing one's purchase of a machine on whether it can do a split field or not. There are so many years ahead for the new user in exploring the states generated by coordinated stimulation protocols. Having said that though, it is nice that the Procyon will do this with monocolor glasses, especially for users of advanced software where they can precisely control the stimulation and get feedback and calibration. Maybe this will encourage future research. I look at it as just another way that the Procyon will grow with you and not lock you into only a few approaches.

I also found this information very helpful as reports from users like TomC indicate that the AudioStrobe sessions I have created are very different with monocolor glasses. This goes a long way to explain why. I do think I will create some sessions with differing (but related) frequencies to both eyes and study the effects.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I just did some tests and all 3 of the MindPlace machines do this... Procyon, Proteus and Sirius. That is, it is possible to provide different stimulation to either eye using the left or right channels of AudioStrobe. So if someone was wanting to explore this and already had a Rev3 Procyon or Proteus but not monocolor glasses, then it would financially make the most sense to buy a Sirius as it comes with 2 pairs of monocolor Ganzframes (white and usually blue). The Ganzframes cost $50 a piece, so you would basically be getting the Sirius console for $29 as the current price is $129.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Split field question

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I agree with Joseph essentially and had said as much to OP in a PM.

I would not recommend basing one's purchase of a machine on whether it can do a split field or not. There are so many years ahead for the new user in exploring the states generated by coordinated stimulation protocols. Having said that though, it is nice that the Procyon will do this with monocolor glasses, especially for users of advanced software where they can precisely control the stimulation and get feedback and calibration. Maybe this will encourage future research. I look at it as just another way that the Procyon will grow with you and not lock you into only a few approaches.

I also found this information very helpful as reports from users like TomC indicate that the AudioStrobe sessions I have created are very different with monocolor glasses. This goes a long way to explain why. I do think I will create some sessions with differing (but related) frequencies to both eyes and study the effects.

Scott
    Yes, such as the disassociation technique of separating the channels by a fraction of a HZ during the first part of the session. You should be able to produce some interesting brain harmonics which may be helpful for hemispheric synchronization.

Blog Entries

I also found that either the Procyon software editor or the Proteus editor can create these 'split field' sessions as well as the sessions that are already on the machines (albeit haphazardly) with the monocolor Ganzframes. White and amber frames are really nice this way. The random sessions on the Procyon really mix up the stimulation for break states...

Thread Information