Thread: Session Structure

1. Default Session Structure

Lets say you wanted to do 30 minbutes / day,would you do 1-30 minute session or 3-10 minute sessions?

Is it helpful to do more sessions? I have nothing but time to spare.

dick

Blog Entries

Default Re: Session Structure

Hi Dick,

With biofeedback you can do as much or little as you want. It may work best to start with some shorter sessions and progress into longer sessions. I was playing with it today, for example and put the headphones on and listened to the tone change as I was reading something on the web. I couldn't move my one hand but could use the mouse okay. The information this gave me was how my physiology changed when I was typing (active thinking, processing) and how it changed when I was reading something (passive thinking).

There are lots of things you can learn about yourself through the TS and the nice thing is that you can decide what you want to focus on or observe about yourself with the machine.

In the case of TMJ - if it is stress related, then it may be helpful to put on the TS and think about what is causing stress - which ought to cause the meter to turn red and the pitch to be higher and then, take a deep breath and then another and then another and notice how just doing that changes the readings. After that, sit there and think about each part of your body and notice whether it is tense or relaxed and if you are not sure, tense it up and then let it go. Notice what the machine does when you tense up a part and what it does when you relax a part. Clench your jaw and notice how your body feels and then relax it - does the machine change? Do you notice a difference in your thoughts or your body.

It may help to write down the results. If you download the TS interface program and see the graph of how your readings are changing as well. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/cont...tream-Software

You can spend as much or as little of time on this as you want but if you find that you are getting restless or frustrated, take a break and come back to it later.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information