Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user with first impressions

Default Re: New user with first impressions

Brain Brightening 12min session. Today I downloaded the Brain Brightening sessions to Proc and decided to get a quick sense of what might be different with these progs. First thing they are smooth.Colors stay bright up till the end; sound fits so easily you almost forget it is there. Phone interrupted me during last minute but rapid awake did not affect ability to talk altho just might have been a bit more light-hearted and more jovial then usual. I like the effect and will be "Brightening" my brain some more.

Blog Entries

Hey Will,
    This would be an excellent contribution to user information. It is great idea and I encourage you to continue with the write ups.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks for the kudos, Scott. I will continue with my reports. Expect something later today.

Default Making L/S Machine easily portable

I had gotten to that state of frustration where the Procyon would be set up by my bed and I would want to use it with the computer in another room or laying back in a lounge chair in another location.

The solution came like the proverbial light bulb: a serving tray, you know those with two handles. I found it was just the right size to hold the manual, glasses, headphones, and unit.

Now all I have to do is grab the tray and go to the place I want to.

#31 Used this morning: gentle,easy ramping wakeup to full alertness. No coffee needed.

#37 Mid afternoon.Fell asleep, not much more remembered. When awake, a little out of it. Did feel like being active and caught up on the dishes. This time I piped in some music from streamed radio through Mind Stereo and enjoyed the addition.

Last night tried Calm Mind1 from Brain Brightening series as sleep aid. Not so good for this because of long ramp back to normal awareness. Will out.

Default Trippin'

Today my email had a link to a podcast on the values of Reishi mushroom. I had some caps and decided to make an elixir of them, cacoa pwdr, maca and moiringa and then plug in to the Procyon. Just for additional out of box play I added weird ambient background music from downloaded brainwave mp3 "Awakened Mind" and chose Brain Brightening1 for a 15 min. ride. My mind was really racing down a negative thought speedway the first go around so I decided to entrain further. Changed background from music to thumping binaural beats in the same awakened mind series and went with Brain Brightening2.

This was a very different session. The light seemed to pulse toward me and then away and the sound cacophony kept my mind busy and about 5 min into it, it happened...

The negative chatter stopped and I could not keep myself from grinning-- a smile so wide it felt like my lips were wrapping around the back of my neck. My eyes felt like they were being stretched out the top of my skull and ecstatic rushes washed over me until the lights faded to black. The joyous feeling gradually faded and a calmer state of mind remained. Will out.

Blog Entries

Sounds very engaging, Will.. cool stuff. Overcoming the negative chatter is always a deeply refreshing event. It is great when we can get out of the way of ourselves...
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Using L/S to improve mood

Crashed my computer and had to install win 7 fresh.

I'm a kind of moody guy and today started out a downer. Somehow I remembered that l/s might be a tool to at least examine, if not improve my outlook.

1/30/2012 1:45pm
    Mood: down, not motivated
    Phys: ankles swollen, uncomfortable walking, various aches, pains
    Mind: neg, without hope
    Choice: #20 15 min. Meditation
    Conditions: background ambient sound through open air
    Position: sitting, leaning back
    S/L Effect: started soft, increased to dk reds alternating with dk greens, later into lighter greens and blues. ended with rapid red.
    Personal: more alert, at least motivated to jot down these notes.
    Fell asleep for short period. Body more relaxed, less aware of pains and aches.

1/30/2012 2:26PM
    Mood: less down, still poorly motivated
    Phys: less pains and aches
    Mind: thoughts more easily flowing (note: in last session, #20 spent some of time creatively fantasizing).
    Choice: #36 25min Rejuvenation
    Condition: through air spacey music (Comcast-Soundscapes).
    S/L Effects: vivid patterns alternating with soft ones
    Personal: Some loss of consciousness, lots of dreamy thoughts. Still little motivation but mood brightened, relatively pain free.
    Note: 15 min later- mood quite better, more social.

1/30/2012 3:10PM
    Mood: OK with things-- aware of sadness
    Phys: still lessened aches and pains after moving around
    Mind: slightly less negative thinking
    Choice: Brain Brightener #3
    Conditions: Soundscapes from TV
    3:40PM S/L Effects: As with BB1 and BB2 great light show with everything from"globs" of glowing light to laser-like pulses and wonderful hum-thob sounds.
    Personal: mood much better, thoughts easier and more flowing, more contented, mind more focussed. Feeling of enough L/S for now.
    Will out.

Blog Entries

It is very good that you are taking positive action to lift your mood. I see that you got some use from Joseph's Brain Brightener sessions. I think these are good choices as they are more 'broadband' stimulation and less structured. That helps to break up patterns. There is a whole new Procyon OS called MindBrite based around this concept that is in testing and looks to me ready for release if people are willing to try it out. PM me or Robert if you are interested.

Default Re: First report in a while

Found myself busy with other projects and have been neglecting the Procyon lately.I did pickup a pair of bose speakers on craigslist and now use them on a stand at the head of my bed when getting ready for sleep. They produce gentle, clear binaural sound and one less strand of wires to untangle my self from. Also nice for music addition.

Today I am feeling foggy-headed as I write this. The plan is to stop noting and do l/s session for rejuvenation and then add a few thoughts here. Will out.

Chose #31 a 35 min. prog suggested for boosting abbreviated sleep awareness.AS it started the colors were rich pulsating reds and oranges which appeared to speed away from me into the tip of a cone, like a wormhole. I was leaning back in short back chair and noticed that a dozen or more times I lost consciousness and my head would fall back and I would wake with a start. Thoughts were busy and 2/3 through I was wishing the prog would end. Then sound changed and patterns of light altered and I sat up more alert. The session seemed to end with the orange-red lights rushing out of the cone back toward me.

My alertness and hand-eye coordination have changed for the better. I would say my morning cup of coffee has finally caught up with me! Will out
    Last edited by Hercolobus1; 02-13-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: see if l/s session positively influenced groggy state of mind

Blog Entries

I enjoy reading your descriptions. I find the best visuals occur right at the edge of falling into sleep. When you 'tune in and out' of consciousness things get really interesting... I also have strange time compressions and expansions sometimes. In some cases, the same session can seem to last forever and it is an effort to hold on until the end. Other times, that same session ends unexpectedly fast and I am surprised it has been say 30 minutes or so.

It must have to do with the level of absorption and the speeding up or slowing down of normal brainwave patterns. I'll have to do some research to look for studies of altering the perception of time.

Thread Information