Thread: Procyon editor bugs

Default Procyon editor bugs

I just came across another little bug in the editor -it'd be good if this, and the previous bug I mentioned, could be added to the "to do" list for the next editor update:

1) When I try to upload a new album to the Procyon, sometimes absolutely nothing happens.

By which I mean: the port is open, and it's the correct port, and I click "session tools" and then "upload album" and no new window appears asking me about overwriting or appending.

When I encounter this problem, if I try to do the same thing again, going to "session tools", and "upload album", it still won't work. Sometimes pressing F2 (cancel command) miraculously makes the append/overwrite box appear. But sometimes I have to restart the whole computer to fix it (restarting the program doesn't reliably seem to resolve it).

Please note that usually I can upload albums successfully - I'd guess this issue has only happened 1/10 times. But it's happened enough to make me conclude it's a bug.

2) Just in case my previous post didn't get noticed - when you preview a low frequency segment through the editor with the Procyon in PC mode, one of the colour channels is always clearly out of sync with the other two channels, even if the segment parameters says they're all in sync.

This doesn't happen when the same segment is uploaded to the Procyon as a session. It only happens in preview mode.

Neither are really serious issues, but it'd be good to know they've made it onto a future updates list :-)

Thanks,

Joe
    Joseph Kao DHypPsych(UK)
    Try my free hypnosis mp3s and videos at
    www.exploringtrance.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon editor bugs

Thanks for reporting these, Joe. I'll add them to the "to do" list for the next update.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

In the editor you will notice that when a session transfer commences the Procyon switches to dL2 mode. This is triggered by code in the editor and is the necessary mode for transfer. A check is performed to be sure that the Procyon is in the proper mode before displaying the dialog. It seems there might be some cases where the mode is not switched properly. I'll investigate further. As mentioned this is an intermittent occurrence. You can in some cases restore the functioning of the Procyon by turning it off and back on. It is stuck reporting its mode status back to the software editor. This is just my initial hypothesis.

On the second case it might be that there is still data left in the temporary buffer that is used for session/segment preview. Once again just a hypothesis. Once the data is written to the Procyon all the settings are correctly recorded.

Work is ongoing with the editor so we appreciate your reports.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks guys, and yes neuroasis - turning the Procyon off and on again does seem to fix it when it happens - thanks for the suggestion :-)
    Joseph Kao DHypPsych(UK)
    Try my free hypnosis mp3s and videos at
    www.exploringtrance.com

Thread Information