Thread: Giggling Wife

Default Giggling Wife

My Procyon arrived yesterday. Today my wife wanted to try it out, so I gave her the menu, and she chose number 34.

Ten minutes in, she starts to laugh out loud - rather uncontrollably. I asked her if she was OK, and what she was laughing at. She didn't know why she was laughing at. It was a spontaneous reaction to the session.

Just thought I would share and see if others have had similar experiences....

unfortunately I must have done too much yesterday - i had an awful headache in the evening, and I rarely experience them.

Jon

Blog Entries

Default Re: Giggling Wife

Hi Jon,

Quote Originally Posted by JonSykes View Post
    My Procyon arrived yesterday. Today my wife wanted to try it out, so I gave her the menu, and she chose number 34.

Ten minutes in, she starts to laugh out loud - rather uncontrollably. I asked her if she was OK, and what she was laughing at. She didn't know why she was laughing at. It was a spontaneous reaction to the session.
    I would suspect that she was at an alpha point in the program. Alpha is associated with the release of serotonin - and that's a "feel good" neurotransmitter. I would have to say though, it's the first time I've heard of someone laughing during a session. I hope we get more of that as the world could use more laughter and laughter comes with great health benefits. :-)

unfortunately I must have done too much yesterday - i had an awful headache in the evening, and I rarely experience them.
    Jon
    Sorry to hear you got a headache. Here are some suggestions to prevent that from happening again.

1. If you are going to do more than one session, try to choose a session within the same range as the previous one. For example, avoid doing something like Peak Performance and then Night Voyage and then Energy.

2. If you are continuing a second session directly after the first, you may want to dim the lights a bit and turn down the sound. If you are doing something like a Beta session, you can do one with lights and then maybe do one with sound only. The usual tolerance for Beta (before it gets annoying or causes a headache is about an hour).

3. Take a break between sessions.

4. After doing a high Beta session, either take a break or choose the next session to be one that has more SMR (low beta) or Alpha in it. Avoid doing more than 1 hour of Beta.

5. Avoid doing Night Voyage sessions during the day unless you want to go to sleep.

Hope these suggestions help and I hope you wife continues to find sessions that inspire laughter - that is so cool.

Happy New Year!
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Marisa,

Many thanks for the quick response. Yes, it was lovely to see her laughing. She was a little unsure when the session began, but when I reduced the light level she relaxed into it

...and also many thanks for your tips on avoiding headaches. I think I was a little too eager when my new 'toy' arrived and wanted to try everything. Not literally everything, but I am sure 48 and 49 were in there, and I definitely tried a couple of meditations throughout the day

On another note, I am may be wrong but i believe that on other posts you have made mention to your membership of the GD. I m currently training with SoL and was thinking of trying the Procyon while performing the Middle Pillar visualisation. Did you ever try this? Do you have thoughts and suggestions of how best to use the Procyon as part of the daily exercises?

...and may I wish you a very Happy New Year too

cheers

Jon

Blog Entries

That's awesome that she started laughing... I actually did this before. Remember the Fruitopia commercials that had all the fruit kaleidoscopes? I had a quick vision of that once during a session and it caused me to laugh out loud!

I went and rewatched a bunch of these on YouTube when I remembered this. Those spots were really cool featuring Kate Bush and the Cocteau Twins.

On the GD thing give me a little bit and I'll work up something for you.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-30-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

thank you Neuoasis,

Sarah used the Procyon again last night before sleeping. Exactly the same. She started giggling early on, and then relaxed into a deeper state of consciousness.

...and anything you can offer regards GD thing will be much appreciated.

thanks

one quick question - how do you change your profile pic? I cannot find that option anywhere...

cheers

Jon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonSykes View Post
    one quick question - how do you change your profile pic? I cannot find that option anywhere...

cheers

Jon
    It's under settings. Top right of the web page between My Profile and Log Out.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried looking there, but nothing seemed obvious. I tried the avatar option - but there is only a single radio button marked saying 'do not use avatar', which i cannot switch off.

other than that i have worked my way through the different settings and cannot find the option anywhere. I have even tried right clicking on the empty avatar/image. Am i being stupid? actually, don't answer that

cheers

Jon

Blog Entries

Hi Jon;

My apologies. Those settings aren't available until you've been on the forum for a little while. I updated your status so that you should now be able to change those settings.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Andy - all sorted. Now I feel at home

Thread Information