Thread: Help With Installing The Software

1. Default Help With Installing The Software

So I just got my Procyon - pretty awesome so far! I'm trying to install the editor software, I absolutely hate zip files and I haven't gotten any love from this one that's for sure.

So the thing unzips, there's a cab file, a setup file, and a list file. I click on the setup file and it says that it can't find the list file. It's right there stupid!

So after clicking and clicking I am stuck. How do I get this thing to work?

Thanks
    A.J.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help With Installing The Software

Hi A.J. and welcome!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the software install, normally it's pretty straight-forward.

I'm wondering if you clicked "Extract all Files" after double-clicking the .ZIP file? It sounds like you might have missed that step.

Let me know!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Help With Installing The Software

Hi Andy:

Thanks for your reply. The jZip program that I used automatically extracted everything, but when I clicked on the setup file it couldn't find the other files apparently. So I downloaded another unzip program and that worked, looks like it was a bug in the unzip program. So I guess I just got myself a better free unzip utility there

I hate to keep asking these newbie questions but is there any documentation for the editor? I'd settle for what to do next with this now that I finally have it

Thanks
    A.J.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help With Installing The Software

Hi A.J. - glad you got it working!
    FYI - Windows can unzip files natively, so you don't really need an additional utility, unless you're using Windows98 or Windows 2000.

All the documentation for the products can be found from the support site home page: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/index.php. Just click on "Documentation" at the top left, or if it's for a specific product, you can click on a product name from the list further down on the left to get a page of information specific to that product.

The document you're looking for is the Editor Manual. Which product do you have?

The only dumb question is the one unasked!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Help With Installing The Software

I got the Procyon, I've had Neuro Programmer 3 for a while and like it but just use the computer screen for the visual entrainment, and figured that the Procyon would be a whole different deal with this, and it is. I'm particularly interested in writing my own sessions and so far I love the Procyon Thanks for your help Andy and I look forward to enjoying your great product!!!

Thread Information