Thread: Anybody try or safe to view procyon lights with translucent scarf and eyes open

1. Default Anybody try or safe to view procyon lights with translucent scarf and eyes open

Has anybody tried to view procyon lights with something like a translucent scarf or something similar and eyes open with just low light setting or would it still be unsafe for your eyes. Can viewing procyon with eyes open cause eye damage?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anybody try or safe to view procyon lights with translucent scarf and eyes open

I use multiple layers of a handkerchief and it is an amazing experience. The 'millions of colors' really show through. Others on the list have as well. It does tire your eyes and dry them out a bit, so I don't do it for extremely long durations.

The LEDs are fairly low power as far as lumens are concerned... not sure how to compare them in relation to a light bulb as far as wattage. But you can judge from the recent led bulbs that have been released that have 12 to say 80 leds in them to create a comparable light source. I can probably find out the wattage though. The effects would be no more than staring into a fairly dim light bulb. And with a suitable screen to spread out the light... it is maybe like a bright projector or large lcd tv in the dark. They are not lasers or anything.

Let your eyes tell you how they feel and react. But used wisely and with awareness, no damage should ensue... but proceed at your own measured risk.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-13-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anybody try or safe to view procyon lights with translucent scarf and eyes open

It won't damage your eyes, but it can be uncomfortable.

Here's a thread about another way to do the 'eyes open' entrainment... http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ight=eyes+open
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information