Thread: Hello - new proteus user

Default Hello - new proteus user

Just found this forum a few days ago, great! I got a Proteus 2 weeks ago and having some mixed results, but very interesting nonetheless.

I recall reading that AVS can be effective for headaches, which programs would be beneficial or at least a good place to start?

Also which programs are good for visions and other interesting states?

Thanks

Daz

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello - new proteus user

Hi Daz,

It depends on what kind of headache you have. For a tension headache, I would try a relaxing program such as P23-27. These are Theta based programs. I would turn the intensity of the lights down though. A migrane headache - If anything, I would try P 43 or 44 - again turning the light lower. Sinus headache - doubtful on the results but if anything I'd go with the Deep Rest programs (43-47) - Same protocol as the migrane.

Disclaimer: These are just suggestions - Like with many alternative therapies be aware that it may work for some people, it may not work at all for others and in some it may worsen the headache. It's one of those things you have to explore.

If you are going to explore in this area, start with a short program (15 minutes). Remember to dim the lights on your lightframes.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Hello - new proteus user

Thanks Marisa, BTW your guides have been really helpful in understanding some of this stuff

Talking of brightness setting, how bright do the frames need to be set for normal use, should you be able to see the colours vividly or is it ok to have them set at a lower level where they are just visible? The reason I ask is I can't seem to find any info on this and sometimes if I have it set so that I can see the colours really well it can be a bit too bright, also I notice that some programs seem to have very bright sections. Does the brightness control set the max brightness regardless of program settings or is it more like a scaled setting where it reduces all settings by a fixed amount - does that make sense?

Thanks

Daz

Thread Information