Thread: Boost Creativity

Default Boost Creativity

I just received my brand new Procyon, and I'l start with the sessions.
    Any suggestions about any in particular to help with creativity? Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boost Creativity

Welcome Miguel,

Programs 40 - 45 are awesome for this.

You can even the machine with just the headphones while you are working on your project.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hi Miguel,
    Congrats on your purchase of the Procyon and welcome to the forum. In my opinion you have made one of the best investments possible to boost your creativity. I use it for this all the time. Here are some suggestions...

First off, creativity is oftentimes boosted by breaking old ways of thinking and stepping outside of the box. The random session feature which is 00 on the display (first session) is perfect for this. It is different every time and takes your mind through many different stimulation frequencies. Keep in mind that when you find one you like you can push the middle button the Procyon to pause the session. Then you can experience this segment as long as you like. If you are hooked up to the computer editor when you hit the pause button it displays the values so you can right click on the window, hit select all, then copy and finally paste the settings into a text document to save them as a basis for a personal session. The random feature is also a good 'tour' of some of the things the Procyon can do.

For the purpose of creativity the random session is especially useful if you will play a game with yourself. Every time the segment changes use the new display as the basis for an idea. Let the light and sound inspire you to think of something new. If it is a particularly good idea and you want to explore it in depth, then pause the session and let it continue as long as it is fruitful. Then unpause and start brainstorming again.

It helps to have a digital recorder, smartphone or computer mic handy to record your idea out loud for future review. I personally use voice recognition for this.

Another key to creativity is to get into the flow and generate many ideas without judging them as being good or bad. The goal is quantity... quality assessments come later.

For this I created the PhotoReading Prep here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...toreading-Prep
    and Brainstorm Trigger here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...torm-Activator

The Photoreading one takes you into a meditative states and then prompts you for ideas... the Brainstorm Activator which is just the trigger. You can use this one on a daily basis to generate lots of new ideas.

Let the machine's beautiful colors and rhythms inspire you. The Metronome trigger program is also good for musical creativity to compose melodies in your head.

Hope this helps. Please share your results and ask questions if needed.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Tank you Marisa, I'l try those first

Hi neuroasis, I did reply to your answer but it doesn't show somehow, either way I'm having some trouble with the Procyon Editor accepting my new albums. I did save it with notepad with the extension .PRb and included the list of all the new sessions but it doesn't aknowkedge the .PRb
    It does accept the single sessions .PRw though.
    I mean I could upload all 80 sessions one by one but ...

Thread Information