Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

Default Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

Hello, I have been searching the internet for the Megabrain Report old journals and until now I have only found Megabrain Report v.1. nr. 1 and v.1. nr.2, but I would like to find the other publications too.

Surely someone has them and could easily scan them and upload them somewhere.

I would be very grateful if someone could upload them.

Thank you.

2. Default Re: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

I may have 3 & 4, not sure which series they're from. PM me. I've seen these two you have + 3 & 4 floating around the web, but that's it. How many were there in total?
    Last edited by dbit; 02-23-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Default Re: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

Megabrain Report was a vital publication in the neurotechnology field back in the 1990s, edited by Michael Hutchison, whose "Megabrain" sparked a minor revolution in mind technologies. There were around ten issues altogether. I scanned a few issues and posted PDFs to our website long ago, which have of course made their way around the internet. Due to vagaries of circumstance, we ended up holding the publication rights and the masters, and one day when we are not quite so busy working on new products, we'll scan some more and post them to this site. :-)

-Robert

4. Default Re: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

Quote Originally Posted by dbit View Post
    I may have 3 & 4, not sure which series they're from. PM me. I've seen these two you have + 3 & 4 floating around the web, but that's it. How many were there in total?
    I want your megabrain report journals 3&4 . Will you give them to me please Mr.
    Dbit.

Wow. I threw mine out the last time I cleaned my garage........those came out long ago!

6. Default Re: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

Did you ever get around to scanning the rest? If not I can save you a job. I was original subscriber to the Megabrain reports and have scanned them all in PDF to preserve. There was 8 issues altogether (one double issue). If Mindplace Admin want them I could put them up to Dropbox. Total file size is 368 MB. Here's what I have done:

Megabrain Report - Vol 1, Number 1
    Megabrain Report - Vol 1, Number 2
    Megabrain Report - Vol 1, Number 3 & 4 (Double Issue)
    Megabrain Report - Vol 2, Number 1
    Megabrain Report - Vol 2, Number 2
    Megabrain Report - Vol 2, Number 3
    Megabrain Report - Vol 2, Number 4

Blog Entries

It would be nice to make these available to the community. We had (or have) rights to the first issues. I will check on the rest. Michael Hutchison has unfortunately passed away now. RIP. He was such an amazing voice for this community. A tribute page to him is certainly in order.

Thank you for doing this. If there are no legal hurdles then we would certainly like to make them available.

Let me check with Robert about the copyrights and then contact you.

Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 08-04-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Kudos to you for having scanned all those issues, Robinhood, and please do send a link. We did acquire publication rights from the Megabrain company when it was still in existence, so it should be OK for us to give them away for free. I'd like to watermark them before posting online, though, as the issues we have posted are being distributed on various other sites without attribution.

I was very sorry to hear of Michael's passing a year or two ago; we had been in contact and I know he was considering writing a new version of Megabrain, covering all the new developments since Megabrain Power and the journals had been published. His original book, Megabrain, surely helped spark a minor revolution in the development of these technologies, back in the 80s and 90s.

-Robert

9. Default Re: Where can I find Megabrain Report journals?

I have just sent Robert the link, so hopefully they should be available soon for those who want them.

I would also like to say a quick thank you to Michael Hutchison. When I purchased the Mindlab DLS way back in 1995 I was fortunate enough to get both his books for free with the machine as a special offer at that time, and still find them invaluable today. If my memory is correct, he was planning on writing a third book, sometime after Megabrain Power, and had already gathered a lot of the material for it, but I guess his house fire destroyed all that. And as a tribute to Michael myself, I decide tomorrow I get out my old Mindlab DLS, which aside from a change of rechargeable batteries, is still going strong to this day, dust down one of my Polysync cassettes (remember those) and have a blast from the past.

RIP Michael.

Blog Entries

Thank you so much, robinhood. I'll coordinate with Robert about posting them.

You know those of us of the right age can probably all owe our discovery of AVS to Michael. I was a teen when I read MegaBrain and it set me on a lifelong quest of which I am still involved. I simply could never thank him enough.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information