Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Session Editor Software

Question Session Editor Software

I have donwloaded the driver from this website and also the eidtor software. I am trying to work ut how to edit a session and I created a short one. The software asks for a serial port number. Surely with the USB i don't need a serial port number. Maybe I installed the driver or the software incorrectly.

Keith

Blog Entries

Default Re: Session Editor Software

Hello Keith, and welcome!

Yes, a port is still used. It's a virtual com port via USB.

Choose the highest available one in the editor. If that does not work, move to the next lower one until you have success.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Wink Re: Session Editor Software

Hi Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply. Seems to be communicating now but this has only thrown up new questions I 'm afraid.

1. As I am a novice i will probabbly make a lot of mistakes. How do I delete an uploaded session? I cannot see it as I would usually see a connected device.

2. The red LED seems to be much brighter than the blue and green and is almost orange. I prefer the blue and green and sometimes the red overpowers.

Thnaks again

Keith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaman View Post
    Hi Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply. Seems to be communicating now but this has only thrown up new questions I 'm afraid.
    Glad you got that part working.

1. As I am a novice i will probabbly make a lot of mistakes. How do I delete an uploaded session? I cannot see it as I would usually see a connected device.
    The way to delete a session is to upload sessions that over write the session you don't want. That is to say, if you want to get back to factory sessions, download from the support site the factory sessions and upload them as an album. The editor manual describes how to upload an album, but if you get stuck, please write back.

Don't forget that you can test sessions without uploading by using the "Run Segments" button on the editor. It's a great way to test the functions without having to upload "test" sessions into the Procyon memory.

2. The red LED seems to be much brighter than the blue and green and is almost orange. I prefer the blue and green and sometimes the red overpowers.
    Some of that is due to the filtering your eyelid does. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hlight=eyelids

To compensate, you can build your new programs with the red at a lower intensity.

Thnaks again

Keith
    No problem. Enjoy!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

I noticed that you wrote on Amazon that you're still having trouble with installing the software. I would like to help you get this resolved if you can let me know where you're running into trouble.
    -Andy.

Andy

Ok I will try again. Starting from scratch, do i have to do it in a specific order.

Keith

Blog Entries

Here's what I suggest:

Keep your Procyon unplugged from the computer at first.
    Install the Driver, then the Editor.
    Plug your Procyon into your computer via USB. Let the "New Hardware Wizard" do it's thing.
    Go into the Editor, and under "Serial Communication/Set Com Port" choose the highest available COM port.
    Try clicking "Run Session" on the software and see if the Procyon reacts.
    If not, try the next lower COM port until you find one that works or run out of COM ports.

Let me know how you make out, any error messages you receive and/or what step you get stuck at.
    -Andy.

Angry Re: Session Editor Software

I followed the steps then went into the start menu / all programmes / procyon AVS / Procyon AVs. The system tells me that it cannot find the .exe file. and opens the Procyon folder.

The software opens. I set the com port . 3 to 7 seem to be available. I have tried all available com ports. I set com port to on. A little dot on the left turns yellow, then green then back to red. It says the device is not responding, please check USB cable and device is turned on.

I have tried different usb ports and the deive is in PC mode.

Blog Entries

I'd like to check whether the driver installed properly. Plug your Procyon USB cable into your computer and into the Procyon. Make sure the Procyon has powered on.

On your Start Menu, right-click on "Computer" (or "My Computer" if you're in XP) and select "Manage"
    In the "Computer Management" window that opens, on the left you'll see "Device Manger". Click on that.
    In the list on the right, you'll see "Ports (COM & LPT)"; click on the arrow (or + sign if on XP) to the left of that line.
    The Ports section will expand.

Let me know what is listed under the Port section, and if you see any exclamation marks beside any of the entries.
    -Andy.

Says the device is working properly. I can only assume the procyon is faulty

What more can I do?

Thread Information