Thread: Perfect Present Moment

Default Perfect Present Moment

I'm 58 and a number of times in my life I've had periods where the internal dialogue (mind chatter) has gone silent. Also during these periods I was completely aware of all five senses. I call it ?The Perfect Present Moment?.

Let me clarify by demonstrating the physical sense. Put your right hand on your mouse. Feel the buttons and the part of your hand resting on the desk. Really bring your full awareness to that point. Now notice how the rest of your physical body slipped into the background. Or perhaps as you are reading this all of your physical sensations are in the background (subconscious). Now imagine feeling your full physical self... all lower body and upper body, all perfectly at the same time, even your scalp and every facial muscle, not by concentrating, but it is all just there.

You are still reading this so now keep your eyes on the page and make yourself aware of what's in your peripheral vision. As you try to focus on the page while concentrating on the objects, within your peripheral vision, notice how your eyes want to shift to one side or the other while words on this page blur. Now imagine that you are constantly aware of your physical sensation and your full vision all at the same time.

What taste do you have in your mouth?
    ...Is it the toothpaste or the coffee or whatever?

What sounds are in the background?
    ...Is there the sound of a passing car along a distant conversation, or your dog walking across the floor along with the squeak of your chair?

What do you smell in the air?

Again, imagine having all internal dialogue stopped and your full awareness of all five senses all at the same time. If you can imagine this, you are imagining what it is like to be in the "Perfect Present Moment".

Again I state that this has happened to me on a number of occasions during the course of my life. However, it has not happened as a result of my will? it just would happen.

I can?t help but to believe that everyone here, in the back of their mind, is trying to accomplish this same thing. This is why I am so interested in AVS. I want it to cause it to happen and not just happen by chance.

And so my question is? Has anyone else every experienced this?

Jeff

2. Default Re: Perfect Present Moment

I think what you are describing is one of the states that meditators go through as they get deeper into meditation. When I first started meditating I could occasionally get into this state for a few seconds. With the help of brain wave entrainment and more time spent meditating I find it much easier to get there and stay there for longer. It is one of the most compelling and , to be honest, addictive experiences I have ever had and is a huge stimulus to keep meditating. It is as different from normal consciousness as night is different from day - really weird - suddenly all the thought stops and -bang - there you are, like turning on a light. I find it hard to acheive this state using my Procyon and easier to get to with straight meditation or using entrainment. I guess everyone is different but I find that all the flashing light and fireworks is a bit distracting. However - if you look at the article "accessing alternity" which is on this site - under "articles" - the author thinks you can access all this stuff and more using AVS.
    Go for it and have fun!

3. Default Re: Perfect Present Moment

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I'm 58 and a number of times in my life I've had periods where the internal dialogue (mind chatter) has gone silent. Also during these periods I was completely aware of all five senses. I call it “The Perfect Present Moment”.

Let me clarify by demonstrating the physical sense. Put your right hand on your mouse. Feel the buttons and the part of your hand resting on the desk. Really bring your full awareness to that point. Now notice how the rest of your physical body slipped into the background. Or perhaps as you are reading this all of your physical sensations are in the background (subconscious). Now imagine feeling your full physical self... all lower body and upper body, all perfectly at the same time, even your scalp and every facial muscle, not by concentrating, but it is all just there.

You are still reading this so now keep your eyes on the page and make yourself aware of what's in your peripheral vision. As you try to focus on the page while concentrating on the objects, within your peripheral vision, notice how your eyes want to shift to one side or the other while words on this page blur. Now imagine that you are constantly aware of your physical sensation and your full vision all at the same time.

What taste do you have in your mouth?
    ...Is it the toothpaste or the coffee or whatever?

What sounds are in the background?
    ...Is there the sound of a passing car along a distant conversation, or your dog walking across the floor along with the squeak of your chair?

What do you smell in the air?

Again, imagine having all internal dialogue stopped and your full awareness of all five senses all at the same time. If you can imagine this, you are imagining what it is like to be in the "Perfect Present Moment".

Again I state that this has happened to me on a number of occasions during the course of my life. However, it has not happened as a result of my will… it just would happen.

I can’t help but to believe that everyone here, in the back of their mind, is trying to accomplish this same thing. This is why I am so interested in AVS. I want it to cause it to happen and not just happen by chance.

And so my question is… Has anyone else every experienced this?

Jeff
    This reads like a hypnotics script, which will also produce such states. The big difference is that in meditation you are aiming to clear the mind of thought, while in hypnosis, the aim is to overload the conscious mind and connect directly to the subconscious.

Default Re: Perfect Present Moment

Quote Originally Posted by brewmasher View Post
    This reads like a hypnotics script,
    Yes brewmasher, it does read like a hypnotic script, however, it is an explanation of what I've experienced while completely awake and totally aware.

The biggest offender that keeps us from this high state of awareness is the internal dialogue. It skews our perception of time. For example; Our minds are in constant battle going back in time to a conversation we had yesterday or an event that took place in our distant past and then back to the future of things we will say and plans that we are making. This dialogue keeps us from experiencing the here and now. With the internal dialogue completely stopped the rest of the five senses are now completely aware and existing in the perfect present moment.

Let's look at time again. When we a bored time drags by slowly. Correct? But when we are having fun time goes by quickly... ?Where did the time go!? But when we are in the perfect present moment time stops. Or a least our skewed perception of it does. We are now moving perfectly along with time.

Jeff Abbey

5. Default Re: Perfect Present Moment

To quote Magwi Turtle from Kung Fu Panda:

"Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday was history, this moment is a gift, that's why they call it the present!"

Default Re: Perfect Present Moment

Quote Originally Posted by minddoc View Post
    With the help of brain wave entrainment and more time spent meditating I find it much easier to get there and stay there for longer.
    Hi minddoc,

It is great to hear that someone else has experienced this state of mind through meditation. How long are you able to stay in this state of mind?

Jeff

Thread Information