Thread: Little Calm Machine

1. Default Little Calm Machine

Are the people behind the Mindplace AVS machines the same ones who created the Little Calm Machine, 10 or so years ago in Australia?

I realise there is a few of these AVS things out there but the casework and design of the Little Calm Machine is identical.

I would like to try a new Mindplace AVS, but i have my 'favourites' when it comes to sessions, and do not want to lose that by going to the newer machines. Perhaps I should get a set of the newer frames for the older machine, but possibly they would not work.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Little Calm Machine

Hello and welcome!

The LCM was a branded version of the Orion. The Orion became the Sirius. The Sirius has the same sessions as the Orion, so if you step up to a Sirius you'll still have your favourite sessions. These same sessions I believe are also part of the Proteus Sessions.

The documentation for the Sirius is here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/cont...-Documentation
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Little Calm Machine

Thanks Andy, but before I posted here I did check the session lists and they bear no resemblance to what I have with the LCM.

Here is the session 3, from the LCM.

This is my favorite 44 minute session. There is a slow decent from 12hz to 4hz over the first 8 minutes. Can such things be programmed into the Procyon? Does this chart tell me all i need to recreate the session, or is the changes in audio tones not fully explained here?

Blog Entries

Hmmm....

I wasn't aware that the LCM had customized sessions, I thought they were simply the same sessions as the Orion.

The good news is that since you seem to have the documentation of the frequencies and times, it would be nothing to write custom programs for the Proteus or Procyon to match any of the LCM sessions. Plus you'd get all the other Proteus/Procyon sessions as well as the user-contributed sessions available here and elsewhere!

Your documentation does not tell what the audio tones are, but it would be simple enough if the LCM is still working to listen to the tones and match them up when creating sessions on the Proteus or Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Little Calm Machine

Yes having the new Procyon with it's digital audio and multi colors, would be great.

Regarding audio tones for this session.... it seems there is only 2 types. One is a tone pulse that appears at the same time in both left and right channel, while the other tone is out of phase, seemingly from left to right. Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Blog Entries

I was actually thinking more of the pitch of the tones. Modulation of the tones can be done in many ways on the Procyon.
    -Andy.

Greetings--the Orion/Sirius platform was widely private labeled, and the Little Calm Machine was one version. Unfortunately, any information about what sessions were in the LCM is in deep storage--we only produced one run of those, more than a decade ago. I had a quick look at the Sirius session frequencies, and it does not appear that your session is in that list. The audio produced was a simple modulated tone (no binaural beats), and you are right--sometimes the tone was in phase, both ears, and others out of phase (ditto the lightframes)- this is called 'focus' (in phase) and 'expand'.

8. Default Re: Little Calm Machine

Thanks for the responses guys. As you know, even with a limited machine like this early model, there are some sessions that work well and some I do not like at all.
    So to ditch this machine and get a new one... it would mean trying everything all over again, and makes me a bit wary to change when I am onto something that works well.

This has to be the greatest tool for de-stressing the body/brain I have seen. I wonder how good it could get with the newer models.

Thread Information