Thread: Thoughtstream & Mental Games body relaxation training without drowsiness

1. Default Thoughtstream & Mental Games body relaxation training without drowsiness

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some tips for me as to how I can relax enough to train in both Thoughtstream & Mental games, without drowsiness.

I'm finding that in order for me to relax enough for the gsr to move favourably (esp in Mental games), I am really fighting to stay awake by this stage

Morning or afternoon bring the same results.

However, tried it late last night, was able to progress from Exercises 1-3.

I couldn't complete Exercise 4 (?) since this was more targeted relaxation that I still can't do.

As a background, I wasn't sleepy before the training, and I think I had enough sleep the night before. And as far as I know, my usual energy levels are standard.

I believe I could train to get to a relaxed level without falling asleep. Reading used to do this to me, which I was able to train out of (luckily!).

Anyway, I appreciate any input on this.

Regards

Curiouser

PS: I'm not angry. I just think this icon is hilarious!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughtstream & Mental Games body relaxation training without drowsiness

I think you're getting all the relaxation you need if you're falling asleep!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughtstream & Mental Games body relaxation training without drowsiness

When you are, let's say reading a novel, you are relaxed but calm. I'm assuming that this is the state you are wanting to achieve. So, to avoid falling asleep, while you are learning what this state feels like, you can keep awake by keeping your mind occupied with something. You could chant, count - and monitor the effects and change what you do accordingly (slow down speech, speed up, do more challenging mental exercises, less .. etc.).

You are likely falling asleep because you are getting bored, which is why the mental games can be good.

Just remember, you control your GSR by your thoughts. The trick is on figuring out what to think about in order to achieve a desired body state.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information