Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Had the same problems with the exe and ahk... turns out that the issue had to do with my use of Procyon Editor 2.1. Works like a charm with Procyon Editor 2.3. Now if VSD could send an entire session to Procyon... :-) (just kidding).

Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

There's some innovative brains working on it ....
    Mark D. Turney
    Developer of Visual Segment Designer
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Mark,

First of all, thank you for this great software creation. I'm looking forward to creating some new sessions
    and to have the visual component that you've added is vunderbar!

Second, will this work with Open Office 3.X? I want to use it with my netbook on the road and don't have
    Office on it. I've just gotten a new Procyon and want to design some new sessions.

Third, is this software to be used with the Procyon editor or instead of?

Thank you in advance,
    Suz, MNLP, CHt

Hello Suz and Welcome to the Procyon community !

Regarding compatibility with Open Office, I have not tried it. However, I highly doubt it would be compatible, as there is so much Excel 2007 specific VBA code behind the scenes. It doesn't even play nice with Excel 2003 because of differences between the versions.

The VSD is definitely independent of the Procyon Editor, as opposed to a replacement. The Procyon Editor is still required, as it has the links to the Procyon hardware.

However, to save time, neuroasis has created a script which copies settings from the VSD to the Procyon Editor. Please, see the latest version of the VSD, and from within it choose - Copy to Procyon.

Thanks for your interest in the VSD, and MindPlace.
    Mark D. Turney
    Developer of Visual Segment Designer
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

5. Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Hi Mark my uncle is letting me use this awesome tool I want to incorporate my own music can you show me what program to download i tried your one and it wouldnt work thanks!

Blog Entries

To incorporate your own music you must have a digital music player (mp3 player, smartphone or computer) and connect an audio cable from the device to the AUX jack on your machine. If you wish for the lights to sync with the music then you will need some tracks that contain AudioStrobe signals. Search this site for some free ones or visit http://www.mindplace.com/audiostrobe to purchase AudioStrobe CDs.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Hello Everyone,

This program is great, but unfortunately, doesn't run on pre-2007 Office versions. I tried with LibreOffice, with no success. Is there another possibility to run this program, or could it be designed as a free (open source) program ? Besides, will these graphic previsualizations be integrated in the next Procyon Editor version ?

All the best
    Will

Blog Entries

Hi Will,
    I was hoping MarkT would answer but he seems out of touch at the moment. I think that several of the formulas or formatting depend on features in the 2007 or later. Excel provides a lot of built in tools that make features like those in the Visual Segment Designer relatively easy to do.
    I have always thought of it as a great tool and as a template for the direction we would like to take in future editors. So the features you see are kind of what we are planning to incorporate at some point in the future.
    It sure makes Procyon session design much easier to visualize.
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Hello Scott,

I'm glad to hear that a future version of the Procyon editor will incorporate these functionalities. MarkT made a great contribution to the community for sure. By the way, as I suggested to Andy in a private message, I think another implementation would be fantastic for the Procyon: the possibility to plug the ThoughtStream as with the Proteus, but taking advantage of the RGB leds. I can imagine fast paced red flickers when stressed out or high on adrenaline, green and slow pulses when calmed down, smooth non flickering transitions in blue and purple when in deep states, etc., with of course the corresponding sound pitches. It seems that the Mind Workstation makes this possible with EEG devices, so could such a complex functionality be possible with the Palm Sensor ?

Best,
    Will

10. Default Re: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

I only have Open Office on my Win 7 PC and the Segment Designer was working fine last time I tried it but I don't have the latest version yet.

Thread Information