Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Segment Designer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v1.50 - "See" your settings before you upload

The latest version of Visual Segment Developer is complete. I've added a number of new features:
    • Default values - resets spreadsheet to same values with which the Procyon Editor starts
    • Randomize values - let's you "play"
    • Reverse values - "flips" the start and stop fields just as the Procyon Editor does when hitting F3 (new segment)
    • Read Me file
    • Save to PDF - to reference later when entering values into the Procyon Editor
    • Pre-defined brainwave frequencies - based on:

• Gamma 30 - 60Hz (Consciousness, anasthesia stops this frequency range production)
    • Beta 13 - 30Hz (Active, busy, anxious thinking and active concentration)
    • Alpha 7 - 13Hz (Relaxation (while awake))
    • Theta 4 - 7Hz (Dreams, deep meditation, hypnosis)
    • Delta <4Hz (Deep, dreamless sleep)
    • Schumann 7.83Hz (Resonant frequency of earth between surface and ionosphere)
    You'll need to unzip the attached file into your My Documents folder - that will enable the Read Me file to launch from the tool, as well provide a location for saving the PDF files.

Additionally, here are some screenshots of the various new features:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkT; 09-18-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Mark D. Turney
    Developer of Visual Segment Designer
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v1.52 - "See" your settings before you upload

Attached is a minor update to the tool, correcting the Randomize feature. In v1.50, Randomize was generating the same sequence of numbers upon each closing/opening of the spreadsheet. In other words, if you opened the spreadsheet & ran numbers for run 1, run 2, run 3, etc., then closed the spreadsheet, reopened it, and again ran run 1, run 2, run 3, etc. - you would get the same sequence of numbers. They were really only random the first time they were run.

This issue is fixed in v.1.52, creating a truly random sequence of numbers every time you click the Randomize button.

Enjoy !
    Mark D. Turney
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v1.50 - "See" your settings before you upload

Hey MarkT and all who use this wonderful tool,

I have made an AutoHotKey (which is a free windows macro launcher) script to automatically copy the values from VSD and paste them into the Procyon editor. At this time, it only copies the value for Frequency, Amplitude, DC Offset, Duty Cycle, and Phase. They must be selected in Excel. So select cells B3 to G7. A simple macro could be made that selects the proper cells but I will leave that to MarkT.

The Hotkey is Win-Alt-Ctrl-p . This shouldn't conflict with any other key mappings.

To use, download AutoHotKey and install it. Download the attached script and place it in a location you can remember. Right click on the script and choose Run Script from the menu. You should now see a green button in your system tray with a white H in it. This is the AHK program. The key shortcut should now work.

The AutoHotKey script copies the selection, and switches to the Procyon editor (which must be open), it then selects each value box and sets its value to those that were in VSD. At this point you can test it on the Procyon.

This makes it pretty easy to try out a bunch of values based on the visual feedback and randomization provided by VSD. Tell me if it works for you or ask any questions.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Cool addition to the project - thanks for the link and attachment. I'm going to try it after the holidays when I get some free time.

Thanks again!!
    Mark D. Turney
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Blog Entries

Three Part Video Series on Basic Functions of the Visual Segment Developer.

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Scott,

If you get this message, I tried to send you a PM .... will send to Andy to hopefully get to you.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark D. Turney
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v1.52 - "See" your settings before you upload

OMG Mark. This is AMAZING!!!! Thank you!!!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    OMG Mark. This is AMAZING!!!! Thank you!!!

M.
    Thanks for the nice words Marissa, and thank you too for all the contributions you have made to the forum before I ever even knew Mindplace existed. This is a wonderful field of study ... I'm really just a newbie myself. But, the contributions by you and others who really specialize in the workings of the brain are helping me fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Wait until you see the next version .... coming very soon. Scott (Neuroasis) has made some great suggestions for enhancements to the product and they in are in progress as we speak ..... stay tuned !
    Mark D. Turney
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

With the collaboration of Neuroasis (Scott), Visual Segment Designer v.2.00 is here ! I have included some screen shots below; but in a nutshell, these are the new features:

- Randomization of individual parameters can now be switched on/off.
    - UPPER and lower limits of selected randomized parameters can be user-defined.
    - Waveform graph now correctly displays clipped waveforms, based on DC Offset setting for each color channel. The gradient graph always took into account the fact that the color channels were limited to a range of 0-255; however, the waveform graph displayed the "out of range" values. This better enables the user to visualize what is actually happening with the color generation.
    - You can upload all of the frequency, amplitude, dc offset, duty cycle and phase information to the Procyon Editor with the click of a button. One important note is that you still must manually set the sweeptime and type of waveform (sine, square or triangle) for each channel. But, being able to upload the other values is a huge time saver, and a major THANK YOU goes to Scott for writing the script which pastes the selected values into the Procyon Editor. Please, note the instructions below....

Instructions:

1) Download and extract the attached zip file to your My Documents folder (needs to be there specifically).
    2) Go to http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ and download/install the top executable on their site. The script that Scott wrote which works with the AutoHotKey software is included in the attached 20120112_VSD.zip file below.
    3) Start the Procyon Editor.
    4) Start the Visual Segment Designer, and have fun !

VSD_02 Jan. 12 16.04 by M Turney, on Flickr

VSD_03 Jan. 12 16.30 by M Turney, on Flickr

VSD_20120112 by M Turney, on Flickr

VSD_1_80_3 by M Turney, on Flickr

VSD_1_80_1 by M Turney, on Flickr

VSD_1_80_2 by M Turney, on Flickr

Take care, and enjoy!
    Last edited by MarkT; 01-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Mark D. Turney
    Ocala, FL, USA
    www.LycanBeast.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Visual Segment Developer v2.00 - "See" your settings before you upload

Wow! This sure will make things even easier. Thanks!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information