Thread: Synchromuse/DAS not reliable

1. Unhappy Synchromuse/DAS not reliable

I followed the tutorial, and at first everything seemed fine - the das session started as it should.
    The problem occurred when trying multiple das encoded files. The basic problem is that more often than not the wrong session starts.

I've spent hours on this, creating different raw files to test, for example 2 sessions called FABC and FDEF. One has flashing red, the other green leds. The resultant RAW headers will just keep playing the first session loaded. In other words both RAW digital files will start the red session if FABC is loaded first, if FDEF is loaded first then both start the green session.
    I have checked that the session id is present in the prw files ? there is a bug in the editor so that if you upload the session while it is open in the editor, the session id is removed. To avoid this the sessions to be uploaded must first be closed in the editor.
    The RAW audio is played via Audacity, using 16bit PCM at 44100Hz. Have ensured that they are in stereo, and they are easily of sufficient amplitude for the Procyon.
    Have also tried reflashing the OS on several occasions.

So I am left wondering if there is a hw issue. One thing is that the factory session 0 (random) cannot be overwritten. So if the session editor is used to do an overwrite upload of a single session, there are always 2 sessions present on the machine. I am not sure if this is normal behavior.
    Otherwise I?m fast running out of ideas, so any help would be much appreciated?

Default Re: Synchromuse/DAS not reliable

Hi, BetterRed--

Would you mind zipping and forwarding the audio and synchromuse files to me? I'll try to reproduce the problem in the office. Please send to robert@mindplace.com.

Thanks!

-Robert Austin

Thread Information