Thread: Sirius Goggles for an old Shaman Machine?

Default Sirius Goggles for an old Shaman Machine?

Hi, I have an AlphaLab?s Shaman light & sound machine, but the goggles have seen better days. I would like to replace the goggles but AlphaLab does not make the Shaman anymore. Does anyone know if goggles from the Sirius light & sound machine, or from any other machine, would work on the Shaman?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sirius Goggles for an old Shaman Machine?

Hello Nicholas and welcome to the forum!

This forum is owned and operated by MindPlace, the makers of the Procyon, Proteus, Sirius and Thoughtstream machines. It is for support of those products and related discussions, but not for the discussion of competitor's products. That being said, have you contacted Alphalab to ask them about this?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello Nicholas and welcome to the forum!

This forum is owned and operated by MindPlace, the makers of the Procyon, Proteus, Sirius and Thoughtstream machines. It is for support of those products and related discussions, but not for the discussion of competitor's products. That being said, have you contacted Alphalab to ask them about this?
    Oops, I hadn?t realised that, sorry.
    I haven?t contacted AlphaLab yet but I?ll ask them if they can recommend any goggles. Thank you for your reply.

Blog Entries

If you happen to find out what the specifications are for their goggles or what output connector configuration their consoles use, we can let you know whether or not the MP Ganzframes might work or not.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If you happen to find out what the specifications are for their goggles or what output connector configuration their consoles use, we can let you know whether or not the MP Ganzframes might work or not.
    I haven’t a clue; I’m no electronics’ boffin. I’ve looked at the goggles, the console, and the paper work but all it says is that it is an AC-operated electronics machine. Each eyepiece has two red LED type light bulbs. The console is plugged into an AC/DC adapter. I can also hooked it up to their (eeg) Biofeedback Controller; which they also don’t make anymore. I bought the whole lot 17 years ago.
    I think I’ll still have to contact AlphaLab to get some more specifications, but thank you for trying to help; it’s appreciated.

Hi, I e-mailed AlphaLab in Utah and they said something along the lines of, that the ground pin was/is negative, thus generally one can use goggles or glasses from other makers so long as it has a stereo jack like a headphone jack, or convert it to one if it hasn’t. Anyway, my question has been solved.

Blog Entries

Sounds like Alphalab is saying that their product is "common ground". Mindplace Ganzframes are "common power" so likely they won't work with the Alphalab product. Maybe ask them if their stuff is wired "common ground" or "common power" to be sure.
    -Andy.

Hi Andy,

In a second e-mail they said that the 'Shaman' is Common Ground, assuming that "ground" means negative.

Blog Entries

Hi Nicholas;

Sounds like the wiring is not compatible. Sorry about that!
    -Andy.

Hurrah! The Proteus PR-2X glasses work on my Shaman Light & Sound machine.

Thread Information