Thread: Hello AVS brethren

Default Hello AVS brethren

It's been a while since I've visited the forum and even more unfortunate that lately I've only used my Procyon to attain fast sleep. The company I work for is growing a bit and so have my hours there. Sadly my job is in fact a dead end job, low pay, no benefits. A far cry from my former career before the bubble burst. As I write I have just sat down for a rest after working 35 hours straight with 11 more hours on duty to go. My Procyon sure does come in handy after a shift like that when falling asleep is a sickly freakish activity born from the bodies desperation to shut down and rebuild. I start a sleep session and minutes later I'm in deep sleep mode. It's been quite an important tool the last few months. It will in fact be much more for me once again, very soon though as I cannot keep up this pace much longer. My Procyon will once again be a tool for growth. I'm so looking forward to that. I'll keep the forum posted.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello AVS brethren

Hey Steve,

Did I read this right - you say that you have been working 35 hours straight ...no sleep? I hope not as that can be really, really, really bad for your body and what kind of asinine employer would let someone work that many hours? Maybe this employer needs to read about why Chernobyl occurred. I hope that you can find yourself a different job - one where an employee's health and safety matter. I'm appalled. Sorry for the rant!

I'm glad that you have your Procyon. P-16 or 17 will be really useful for you. Please be careful because after being awake for that long, the brain will go to sleep and you won't even notice that is happening. It does make for a very dangerous situation.

I hope you get through this okay Steve.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Yes, you heard correct, Amazingly, after I wrote that I worked almost 8 more hours straight before stopping again. To add insult to injury my job is driving. In the end I was looking at license plates and they were disfiguring and swirling. I talked to my employer last night and let him know how angry I was about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure it went in one ear and out the other though. Anyway I'll never do that again.

4. Default Re: Hello AVS brethren

Isn't there laws about how long a driver can drive before taking a mandatory break? That kind of stuff is just plain dangerous not only to you, but others. No job is worth getting killed and killing others. I would call the police, a lawyer, then my boss and tell him where he can stick his job.

Yeah there are laws, after 11 hrs, 1 hour break, or after 14 hrs, 10 hour brake. No one cares. The only way to get that enforced would be to get pulled over and cited and even then there are ways around it. Luckily I only have to do hours like that once a year when my employer go's on vacation otherwise I usually do 9 or 10 hours a day sometimes 12, sometimes 13. Also next year I will be refusing anymore such duties even under threat of dismissal. Unfortunately the economy is getting worse, not better, I'm just glad I have a job right now but I'd like to make a lateral move in the next year. Wish me luck.

Blog Entries

I don't think that any employer in his right mind should try to force an employee to put himself and the general public in jeopardy. I like the example you are setting for others in establishing boundaries - especially where there is a safety issue. I can appreciate the position you are in with the tight economy and all but in the end ... if you were to get hurt - things would be a whole lot worse. Cudos to you Steve!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information