Thread: Trouble upgrading Proteus OS 2.3 to newer

1. Default Trouble upgrading Proteus OS 2.3 to newer

When trying to update my proteus OS 2.3 using usb to seriel adapter my device flashes rapid numbers followed by 'bAd'

I have seen and followed the steps in the usb/serial adapter thread and lowered buffer in both windows and the editor

Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trouble upgrading Proteus OS 2.3 to newer

Hello and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating the OS on your Proteus.
    Are you setting your Proteus to "dL" mode?

Typically, if you get that "bAd" message, it's because you need to lower the buffers in the serial port setup, which it sounds like you did.

Do you have another computer or USB adapter that you could try?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Trouble upgrading Proteus OS 2.3 to newer

No unfortunately not. I have a Mac desktop and a linux\windows laptop. My usb to serial adapter states pl 2303 on the side and windows informs that the unit is working.

Do i need to hit an exact level at which the units transfer and receive or is it only a matter of being able to send faster than the proteus can receive?

Usb/serial converters are not that common to have lying around so im pretty sure i cant find another without buying one for testing and i would be happy to be without that if possible when not knowing if that is to be the cause.

Blog Entries

Are you using the latest editor?

It sounds like you must have the correct port setting as you wouldn't see any flashing of numbers on the LED display if you had the wrong com port selected.

Typically just setting those buffers to the lowest setting (in device manager) works if you get the bAd message. The lower the better.

If you like, you can send it to us and we can upgrade the OS for you, no charge. You just pay for shipping to and from Washington.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Trouble upgrading Proteus OS 2.3 to newer

Hi Andy, That is very generous of you, yet i am located in Denmark so i expect the shipping charges would be a bit of money for me anyhow. Maybe you know a cheap delivery service i could use if I dont find a solution.

Blog Entries

I think then it would be cheaper to see if you can borrow a friend's computer to try.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

One more thing - have you tried the "Change Data Transfer rate" under the "Serial Port" menu in the Proteus Editor?
    -Andy.

Thread Information