Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can't upload session to Procyon

Blog Entries

Default Re: can't upload session to Procyon

Hey Jules;

Glad you got it working! The old Proteus editor used to have adjustments right in the Editor, but so far you're the first person that's ever needed it with the Procyon!

It makes sense that the faster computer was the one with the issue, as the problem is the computer sending the data a little TOO fast to the Procyon. The older computer was likely slow enough. As I say, it's a rare problem as my new VERY fast PC has no problems. Likely differences in how the USB port drivers work on different machines.

In the end, good information should anyone else run into this problem.

BTW - how many "clicks" back from max did you have to go? Was it only the transmit buffer that needed to be backed off?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Andy,

I wasn't too interested in the finesse of the adjustments, so I set both transmit and receive sliders the same. On my computer, I needed to set them one step above the minimum. The sliders will accept intermediate values, but I chose to follow the markers. The next marker up caused it to fail again, so somewhere in between is probably the real max.

I might play around with it some more to get max speed, but hey, with such small files, there isn't much point, just so long as it works!

Thanks again for solving this!

Jules

3. Default Re: can't upload session to Procyon

Well, I used the Procyon Editor and it seemed to upload the sessions OK, the port was open and I tested the segments and they were fine (the goggles went on etc.)... But when I turned on the Procyon (separately, that is to say away from the computer) I cannot find them! I went through all the numbers and it does from 000 to 049 and the new sessions are not there?
    Should I try my netbook? It is cleaner than this computer because I don't use it too much.
    Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries

How did you go about uploading the session to the Procyon?
    Did you select "Session Tools" and then "Upload Session to Procyon"?

When you do that, you'll get a dialog that comes up that asks if you want to append or overwrite the sessions in the Procyon. If you append it, the new session will be #50. If you overwrite, the new session will be #1 and it will be the only session on the Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: can't upload session to Procyon

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get any dialog at all... And it automatically goes to dL2 when I try to upload. I thought it should be dL1 for computers?
    Anyway, in Device Manager the settings for that port are:
    Bits per second: 9600 (nothing happened after lowering it)
    Data Bits: 8 (again nothing changed after lowering it)
    Parity: None
    Stop Bits: 1
    Flow Control: None.

Is something wrong with these settings? I don't know what some of them are at all...

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Don't worry about the port. The program will tell you if you are not connected, and since as you say clicking "run segments" shows activity on the Procyon, you must be connected and communicating properly.

Are you using "Session Tools" and then "Upload Session to Procyon"?
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: can't upload session to Procyon

Yes, that's what I am doing. And I now also got the message previously mentioned in this thread: 'Procyon programming Error. Operation aborted'. This is before it automatically switched to dL2. For some reason it didn't appear the first time I tried.
    I tried my netbook and it is the same.
    Thanks again for your help!

Blog Entries

Close and open the port and see if that fixes the problem.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: can't upload session to Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Close and open the port and see if that fixes the problem.
    THANK YOU! That fixed the problem!

Blog Entries

Cool!
    -Andy.

Thread Information