Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

1. Question Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Hi!
    New to this forum! The sessions saved in the .tst format, how can I open it? I'm using the Thoughtstream USB kit and Thoughtstream USB. Version 2.10. in Windows Vista 32bit. Tried notepad, word, excel, no luck. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by orangeqc; 06-29-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Hello!

The .tst files are for the TS Interface software, not to be read directly. The file you can read will have the suffix .txt, in the same place where you found the .tst file.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Thanks for your rapid reply, Andy! Unfortunately, there was no txt file in that folder, only the files with tst and hdr suffix! And if I choose start and save as, I cant find any data file in the defult folder in file explorer, however I can find them and recall them in the TS software! I could find the tst and hdr files only if I do the run and save session separatly!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orangeqc View Post
    Thanks for your rapid reply, Andy! Unfortunately, there was no txt file in that folder, only the files with tst and hdr suffix! And if I choose start and save as, I cant find any data file in the defult folder in file explorer, however I can find them and recall them in the TS software! I could find the tst and hdr files only if I do the run and save session separatly!
    After running the session, go to the "File" menu and choose "Save Session".
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    After running the session, go to the "File" menu and choose "Save Session".
    That's what I mean "do the run and save session separatly", and I only got the tst and hdr files.

6. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Problem found! I tried to do all these in Windows XP, and it works, all the files just there like we expected! The previous system I used was Windows Vista 32bit. Fix this bug please!

7. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

And the system was new - Dell Windows Vista recoveryed from Factory image.

Blog Entries

Glad you found a solution.

Most likely the problem with Vista is UAC. Google UAC and VirtualStore for more information. It's a problem with windows, not the software.

A way around this is when you Save the Session, select a folder that's not under the "Program Files" folder.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Glad you found a solution.

Most likely the problem with Vista is UAC. Google UAC and VirtualStore for more information. It's a problem with windows, not the software.

A way around this is when you Save the Session, select a folder that's not under the "Program Files" folder.
    Thank you Andy, will try this tomorrow!

10. Default Re: Urgent! Can NOT read tst file!

Allow me to pick up this thread... I have the same trouble.
    This is not a Windows issue. I'm using Windows 7, not Vista, btw.

My Thoughtstream USB software version is 2.1.0. It does not write out a .txt file. Instead it writes out a .hdr and a .tst file.
    The .hdr file appears to be in plain text and contains summary session info.
    The .tst file appears to be in a binary format of some kind.

It does not matter what directory I save the session to. I saved my last one to c:\temp.
    I tried to save it to a file named Test.txt, but it just saves a hdr and tst file.

Please reply, as I bought this device just last week based on it having an open standard for collecting sampled data, and I'm using this for some private clinical research that I'm conducting right now.

Lawrence M. Smith

Thread Information