Thread: Mental Games for Thoughtstream USB.. is this the old program with a new cord.?

1. Question Mental Games for Thoughtstream USB.. is this the old program with a new cord.?

or is it new and improved. ??

i was never able to use the mental games do to the strange wrist strap not working properly. i was able to get a good idea of how it worked.

i was so unhappy with it i havent used it in over 10 years.. that is Eons and Eons in digital evolution time. 3 years ago i suffered a catistrophic accident that resulted in many horindous multiple surgeries and months of powerful painkillers and an amputation and i ended up with a case of PTSD with claws and fangs.

i can not take the drugs they perscribe and i can not afford the usless conventional treatments they use. i have some bio feed back experience. i have been trying to use the avaible CD Entrainment programs, but they seem to all be quite old... and i think i need a program that goes up in frequencies, holding at the delta/theta/alpha/beta/gama, then back down.. to regain the ability to shift gears again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPzjVakyd8

this is some new research using SPECT scans and biofeedback, i was told by my doctor this isnt "approved". so i most likely wont even get a SPECT scan for diagnosis on my insurance. i read DR. Amen's book, 'Change Your Brain Change Your Life', i highly recomend this to anyone interested in brain function and perception/behavior. it is writen for a non medical expert to understand.. very Cheap at Amazon.com.

does the new USB Mental Games come with the USB cord.? will a set of finger cuffs like on the comercial GSR meters work.? any idea where i can get them. i have tried to find them with no success

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mental Games for Thoughtstream USB.. is this the old program with a new cord.?

Quote Originally Posted by passnthru2 View Post
    or is it new and improved. ??
    I think the Mental Games themselves are the same, they have just been modified to work with the TS USB.

i was never able to use the mental games do to the strange wrist strap not working properly. i was able to get a good idea of how it worked.
    Strange wrist strap? Are you referring to the sensor strap with the ThoughtStream? If so, the electrodes should be placed on the inside of your palm, making the best connection for conductivity. Some people get good results putting it on their fingertips (inside pad). The only thing is that where ever you put the sensors, you do have to hold that area still. This is the case with all biofeedback because movement alters the readings.

i was so unhappy with it i haven't used it in over 10 years.. that is Eons and Eons in digital evolution time. 3 years ago i suffered a catastrophic accident that resulted in many horrendous multiple surgeries and months of powerful painkillers and an amputation and i ended up with a case of PTSD with claws and fangs.
    10 years and it's still working? Damn!

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to endure such medical and emotional hardships. Those are some pretty serious battles you have undertaken - wow.

What things in specific would you like to be working on now? Is it pain management ... anxiety ... both?

i can not take the drugs they prescribe and i can not afford the useless conventional treatments they use. i have some bio feed back experience. i have been trying to use the available CD Entrainment programs, but they seem to all be quite old... and i think i need a program that goes up in frequencies, holding at the delta/theta/alpha/beta/gama, then back down.. to regain the ability to shift gears again.
    Hmmm well, the TS on it's own can't measure brainwave frequencies but you could use it in a more general manner and still get good results. You can use the colored meter and sound as feedback on whether you are increasing or decreasing brain arousal. To get specific instructions, since it's been a while, you may want to reread the manual (which is online).

You could also purchase a Proteus and learn to use the both of them together. More information on this is also in the documentation area of this website.

this is some new research using SPECT scans and biofeedback, i was told by my doctor this isn't "approved". so i most likely wont even get a SPECT scan for diagnosis on my insurance. i read DR. Amen's book, 'Change Your Brain Change Your Life', i highly recommend this to anyone interested in brain function and perception/behavior. it is written for a non medical expert to understand.. very Cheap at Amazon.com.
    I've read the book and agree, it's great! Another good book is "The brain that changes itself" by Norman Doidge . This book goes further into brain plasticity. As for the spect scan - that will show you blood flow (which is associated with function) however, you may find it more helpful to get an EEG.

does the new USB Mental Games come with the USB cord.? will a set of finger cuffs like on the commercial GSR meters work.? any idea where i can get them. i have tried to find them with no success
    The new mental games won't work with your old Thoughtstream. The new TS comes with a USB cord and will work with the new version of Mental Games.

I don't know about the other connectors/sensors - maybe Andy or someone else on the forum can help you here. As mentioned before, you could try using the sensor that you have on your fingers.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information