Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

1. Default the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

The instructions on what to do with the proteus software that is down loaded from your site is not clear in the proteus sessions manual. Am I suppose to look in another manual?
    the instructions are for the cd software.

What are you suppose to do with the proteus os software that is downloaded from your site?
    blues

what do you open the proteus os software with? When I downloaded it, it said zip cannot open it due to the kind of archive it is. Where in the manual and what manual since there seems to be more than 1, say what you are suppose to open the software with or how?

The Proteus sessions manual does not give details on how or where to install the editor or the os software.
    blues

The PDF document for the proteus editor says to transfer the software into the editor. It doesn't say how, it doesn't say to unzip it first it doesn't say how it will make it work, it doesn't say much.
    blues

Blog Entries

Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

Whoa there, slow down!

Ok, it sounds like you've already discovered that the instructions on how to use the Proteus Editor are in the Proteus Editor manual, not the manual that comes with the Proteus. Good so far.

As you can see, the manual for the editor was written in 2001 and is LONG overdue for an update. I apologize for that, and in fact, I think I'll see if at least the installation instructions can be updated because they certainly are the most out-of-date.

Ok, let's see if I can help you get the program installed.

Download the editor .zip file.
    Double-click the .zip file when it's downloaded and extract it to a location that you can find easily (like your desktop).
    Go into the extracted folder and double-click "setup.exe".
    It should walk you through installing the program, and when it completes you should have a link on your start menu for the Proteus Editor, probably called "Proteus2_51".

From there, click on the link in your start menu to run the program. The manual should be correct from thereon.

Let me know if you run into any difficulties, and I again apologize for the lack of installation instructions.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

I finally downloaded whatever I was suppose to download and setup.
    From there I am lost.

But I did read in the instruction manual that I should record sessions in uxx instead of pxx so I don't erase what is already in there.

Now it says to press the middle button till I get to pxx or uxx. I do press the middle button but there is no pxx or uxx.
    ltv

4. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

Thereis a user, dl pc a5and p48 but there aint to pxx or uxx coming up.

5. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

Oh I think the p48 which goes up to poo is the pxx, but there isn't a uxx at all.
    How come there is no uxx on my proteus, how am i suppose to download other programs?

Blog Entries

Are you sure you have a Proteus?

xx is some 2-digit number. i.e. the main programs go from P00 to P48. The Utility programs go from U00 to U14.

If you have a Proteus, each time you press the middle button, the display will change in the following sequence:
    Pxx (eg. P01)
    Uxx (eg. U01)
    USr
    PC
    AS
    dL
    Pxx
    (and so on)

If you are not getting those displayed, then maybe you have a Procyon? The name of the product is written on the front of the console.

Also, when you first power it on, what number flashes on the LED display?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

On the machine it is labeled Proteus

When I first turn it on 2.8 appears.

When I press the second button repeatedly these appear:

dL

P01

USr

PC

A5 (I did use this with the cd that came with the Proteus and it did relax me)

and that is it.

I did read in the instructions on your site, (not with the instruction book that came with it), Uxx will not appear if it is empty and for some other reason I forgot.

blues

8. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

No U01.
    blues

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks for checking that. You do have a Proteus, but the Utility bank (Uxx) is empty.

If you would like to add programs to the Utility bank, we'll need to get the Proteus connected to your computer and run the editor.

• Have you got the editor downloaded and installed?
    • Do you have the Black programming cable that came with your Proteus? (9-pin RS-232 connector on one end, and a 3.5mm TRS connector on the other)
    • Do you have either an RS-232 connection on your computer or a USB to RS-232 adapter?

An RS-232 connection on your computer looks like the picture here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=7487#post7487
    Information on USB to RS-232 adapters is here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=5619#post5619
    Earlier in that thread is information if you get stuck installing the adapter.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: the instructions on what to do with software is not clear.

Yes, i have the Rs-232 connector and it is connected to the computer.
    blues

Thread Information