Thread: downloading a session from your site

1. Default downloading a session from your site

I tried to down load a session, but when I went to open it it said I don't have whatever it needs to open it.
    I read some of your forums and saw that you have a proteus session manager? I need that to open a downloaded session?
    What do I do? How does it work?
    LTV

Blog Entries

Default Re: downloading a session from your site

Hi LTV;

You would need the Proteus editor, the black programming cable that came with the Proteus, and if your computer does not have an RS-232 port, you will need a USB to RS-232 adapter.

The editor can be found here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/index.php

On the left side, click on Proteus, then Proteus Software for the Editor. Click on Proteus Documentation for the Proteus Editor Manual which has the instructions on how to use it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: downloading a session from your site

what software? is os stand for software?

Blog Entries

When you click on "Proteus Software", the first link is "Proteus Editor 2.5.1". That's what you want.

Proteus OS is the firmware inside the console. That only needs to be updated if you need some of the new features that come with the later OS.

When you first power on your Proteus, it will flash on the LED screen the current OS version that your Proteus contains.

Again, be sure that you have:

Proteus Programming cable (black)
    RS-232 port or USB to RS-232 adapter
    Windows PC
    Downloaded and read the "Proteus Editor Manual", found under "Proteus Documentation".

Let me know if you run into any difficulties!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: downloading a session from your site

I read over instructions on how to down load onto Proteus. My goal?
    To download a session you already have on the forum under Proteus sessions. AM i wrong in saying I don't see how to download a session in the directions? IT seems the directions are for editing.
    blues

Blog Entries

The instructions to download a session to the Proteus start on page 8.
    6. Transfer it to Proteus.
    The example I?m going to give here is how to transfer a single session into the User memory bank; we?ll get into albums and how they work in a later section. Here are the steps:
    a. Be sure Proteus is in DL (download) mode.
    b. Open the Session Manager (by clicking the Session Mangr. button on the button bar)
    c. Choose Open New Album, then locate and select the session you?ve just created [or have downloaded from the support site]
    d. Click Add To List; the session name should now appear in the right window (the large one underneath Album Name)
    e. Now select the Send To User Area button. The session data will now transfer to the User Area as U01.
    That?s all there is to it! You?re ready to run the session you?ve just downloaded.
    Note: remember that whenever you download any number of programs into either the Program or User memory bank, it will erase any programs currently residing in that bank. We suggest leaving the default session bank in the Pxx (Program) bank, and to transfer those you are experimenting with into the Uxx (User) bank.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: downloading a session from your site

You know, I got to opening the sessions editor was following directions when I got to the part about choosing a session in open new album, locate and select a session. Now, I downloaded one of your sessions from your library, well I think it had more than one session in the download, and it downloaded to my desktop.
    Am I missing something here? How do I get the group of sessions from my desktop to where I am suppose to locate and select a session in the sessions editor?
    blues

Blog Entries

Did you download a .zip file? If so, it's a zip archive and you need to double-click and then click extract all files to create the files contained inside the archive. Once you do that you should see the individual .pr2 files. They'll be inside a folder that's named the same as the archive.

In the session manager, you need to point it to your desktop and then at this new folder that was created, if that's where the new sessions are.

I don't know what your username is on your computer, but in my case it's Andy. So the desktop in my case is at this path: C:\Users\Andy\Desktop
    Just replace "Andy" with whatever your username is on your computer.

If any of this is not clear, maybe let me know the link to the session(s) that you downloaded and I'll try to help further.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: downloading a session from your site

I finally downloaded the sessions from your site as UO1. Thank you for your help.
    blues

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I finally downloaded the sessions from your site as UO1. Thank you for your help.
    blues
    That's great! Thanks for letting me know.
    -Andy.

Thread Information