Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning with tapes

Default Learning with tapes

Hi everyone,

Do people use the learning with tapes session, and if so what tapes do people recommend?

I've got several cd's like BMV sessions can these work with the proteus?

Thanks

Nick

Blog Entries

Default Re: Learning with tapes

Quote Originally Posted by kalamaca View Post
    Hi everyone,

Do people use the learning with tapes session, and if so what tapes do people recommend?

I've got several cd's like BMV sessions can these work with the Proteus?

Thanks

Nick
    Hello Nick,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the learning programs P17 - 27 work wonderfully with tapes (CD).

I don't know what "BMV" is.

You can use the machine with any learning cd, whether it be guided imagery, Tony Robbins (motivation), or a language lesson etc.

What to recommend? If you let me know what it is you are wanting to accomplish, I'd be more than happy to recommend something.

M.

Hi thanks for getting back,

what I'm aiming at achieving is astral projection. Has anyone else experimented trying to achieve this?

Sorry when I said BMV, I meant Brainwave Mind Voyages CD's

http://www.brainwave-entrainment.com...t_Products.htm

They are similar to what the proteus does but they have some guy talking over them and giving suggestions - but obviously the two audio pitches would clash?

Slightly off this topic if I wanted to make a preset to achieve this state do you have any information that would be useful to me? And is there a really detailed help file or something on how to use the proteus editor because it's slightly confusing!

Thanks

Nick

Blog Entries

Slightly off this topic if I wanted to make a preset to achieve this state do you have any information that would be useful to me? And is there a really detailed help file or something on how to use the proteus editor because it's slightly confusing!

Thanks

Nick
    Hey Nick;

You've read and followed the manual? http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...teusEditor.pdf

Are there any specific questions you have about how to use the editor?

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Hi thanks for getting back,

what I'm aiming at achieving is astral projection. Has anyone else experimented trying to achieve this?

Nick
    Any program that allows you to achieve a Theta state will be good. If you have the audio strobe cd titled "Requiem", you'll find that you can get into the astral very quickly.

M.

Cool, I only have the demo audiostrobe cd that came with the proteus.

Can you download the audiostobe cd's as mp3 or anything or do you have to get them?

I downloaded Neuro Gardener's custom sessions.zip and he's got a theta session in it. So I thought I'd try to analyse what settings he's set it for, but what I'm confused about is that in the session the audio pitch stays the same. Surely you'd want the pitch to change also?

Blog Entries

Cool, I only have the demo audiostrobe cd that came with the proteus.

Can you download the audiostobe cd's as mp3 or anything or do you have to get them?
    Unfortunately Requiem is not on the sampler. You can't download them, you have to buy them. http://www.mindplace.com/ .

I don't think they cost very much.

M.

Marisa,

I know I am kicking an old horse (being this thread) but I have a question as I await for my Proteus to arrive ... how does one use a language CD in conjunction with the Proteus? Again, I am awaiting my Proteus so I don't yet know it's capabilities. I am assuming what is being said is that you would use a session (P18 - 35 min - Learning with Tapes for example) and once completed you would use the language CD. In essence using the Proteus as a 'warm-up' exercise. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for all your extremely useful assistance and information!

~h3nix

Blog Entries

Hi H3nix,

Quote Originally Posted by h3nix View Post
    Marisa,

I know I am kicking an old horse (being this thread) but I have a question as I await for my Proteus to arrive ... how does one use a language CD in conjunction with the Proteus? Again, I am awaiting my Proteus so I don't yet know it's capabilities. I am assuming what is being said is that you would use a session (P18 - 35 min - Learning with Tapes for example) and once completed you would use the language CD. In essence using the Proteus as a 'warm-up' exercise. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for all your extremely useful assistance and information!

~h3nix

What I would do is hook up my MP3 player or CD player to the Proteus and listen to the Cd or MP3 during session 18 and then when the program ends, I would do the exercises on the Cd (without AVS) and if I had time, after doing the exercises or practice, I would do P23 (without Cd) to allow my brain to integrate the information that I just learned.

Let me know how it goes.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information