Thread: Trigger Series: Metronome

Blog Entries

Default Trigger Series: Metronome

Trigger Series: Metronome

This is an additional set of programs in the Trigger series. Other programs in this series are designed for Photoreading preparation, Photoreading activation and general brainstorming.
    These programs turn your Procyon into a metronome with sound and flashing light triggers. It is the metronome that you wear to go really deep into the beat.
    I have included a common range of beats: 60bpm, 80bpm, 100bpm, 120bpm, 150bpm, and 180bpm. Each session lasts for 2 minutes. I have discovered however that you can use the Pause button on the Procyon and extend these sessions as long as you like.
    A Procyon album of the six sessions is also included if you want to upload all of them at once.
    If you need to create additional tempos the math for doing so is really easy. Just divide the desired bpm by 60 for quarter notes. Then you would multiply this value by 2 for 8ths, by four for 16ths and for you speed freaks out there by 8 for 32nds.
    I put the quarter note tempo in the left ear and the 8th note tempo in the right.
    Because of the short 'blip' nature of the metronome triggers, the volume on the Procyon may not be sufficient for loud playing. You could pipe this out to a mixer and add further gain, then route it back in or use another headphone source.
    So, rock on!
    Feedback and suggestions for improvement are appreciated.
    This series is designed especially for the Mindplace Procyon. It could probably be made to work on the Proteus as well but I do not currently own one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy; 04-29-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Thread Information