Thread: Problems

1. Default Problems

I've owned a Proteus for about 9 months and really liked it, recently it's been having a few problems and I decided to "upgrade" to the Procyon.
    I received the unit a few days ago and have been continually frustrated and disappointed.
    First to find that out of 10 or so sessions I've tried (the ones I was most interested in) only 2 have worked properly. The others all get stuck, 48 just stops about a minute into the program.
    This morning I decided to use MindSpa (one that does actually seem to work ok) and discovered that the Aux audio input does not work, the sound comes through before the program starts, but as soon as I run the program the sound from the CD cuts out and only the machines sounds come through.
    These are my two greatest complaints, supposedly (according to a thread I just read) a new OS will fix this? Will I just be able to download the new OS?
    What about the audio input not working?
    Some other things, less important but significant, why is their a DC adaptor but no where to plug it in?
    There is no session time countdown, which would be very helpful in discovering where a session is stuck and when it has become "stuck."
    These last few things I could overlook if the programs and audio at least worked properly. My overall feeling however is that I have just wasted close to $300 on something poorly made and poorly tested that was rushed to market.
    I need to know promptly what can or will be done about the stuck programs and, as importantly, the Aux audio. So I know whether or not I'm going to have to return it and hopefully be able to get (most) of my money back to spend on a machine that works.
    I am sorry to have to be so negative but it's very aggravating to spend this much money on a dysfunctional product, especially one from a company whose other products (I also own a Thoughtstream) I enjoy, and would like to think dependable.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems

Quote Originally Posted by lw12047 View Post
    I've owned a Proteus for about 9 months and really liked it, recently it's been having a few problems and I decided to "upgrade" to the Procyon.
    I received the unit a few days ago and have been continually frustrated and disappointed.
    First to find that out of 10 or so sessions I've tried (the ones I was most interested in) only 2 have worked properly. The others all get stuck, 48 just stops about a minute into the program.
    First of all, we sincerely apologize for the troubles with the built-in programs. This pains us greatly that these bugs exist, especially with a brand new product that is overall receiving such great interest. These will definitely be fixed in the upcoming OS.
    This morning I decided to use MindSpa (one that does actually seem to work ok) and discovered that the Aux audio input does not work, the sound comes through before the program starts, but as soon as I run the program the sound from the CD cuts out and only the machines sounds come through.
    Mindplace doesn't make the MindSpa product or support it so unfortunately we can't help you there. Or do you mean session 14 - "Mind Sauna"? If that's what you mean, then just press the bottom button (up/down) to toggle the aux audio on/off.
    These are my two greatest complaints, supposedly (according to a thread I just read) a new OS will fix this? Will I just be able to download the new OS?
    Yes. The OS update is a simple procedure, done within the editor which can be downloaded at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/procyon.htm .
    What about the audio input not working?
    Check this by pressing the up/down button, it should work fine. Unfortunately, I don't think that toggle is listed in the manual.
    Some other things, less important but significant, why is their a DC adaptor but no where to plug it in?
    There is no adaptor for the Procyon. It can be powered by the plugging the supplied USB cable into your PC.
    There is no session time countdown, which would be very helpful in discovering where a session is stuck and when it has become "stuck."
    We may add that feature in a future OS, but first we need to address the looping issue.
    These last few things I could overlook if the programs and audio at least worked properly. My overall feeling however is that I have just wasted close to $300 on something poorly made and poorly tested that was rushed to market.
    I need to know promptly what can or will be done about the stuck programs and, as importantly, the Aux audio.
    The audio should work fine on the Procyon. Just press the bottom button (up/down) to toggle the aux audio on/off.
    So I know whether or not I'm going to have to return it and hopefully be able to get (most) of my money back to spend on a machine that works.
    I am sorry to have to be so negative but it's very aggravating to spend this much money on a dysfunctional product, especially one from a company whose other products (I also own a Thoughtstream) I enjoy, and would like to think dependable.
    Yes, again our apologies for your frustration and difficulties. We will address the problems with the current OS very shortly, and will post a message on the forum when the new OS is available so please stay tuned.

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 01-01-2007 at 10:59 AM.

3. Default Re: Problems

Thank you for your reply.
    The up/down button fixed the audio problem.
    I did mean "Mind Sauna" not Mind Spa.
    My unit did come with a DC Adaptor, which is why I mentioned it, could this mean that the dealer repacked it? Including a DC adaptor because they thought it went with the machine?
    Looking forward to the new OS.
    Thanks again for the information.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems

Quote Originally Posted by lw12047 View Post
    My unit did come with a DC Adaptor, which is why I mentioned it, could this mean that the dealer repacked it? Including a DC adaptor because they thought it went with the machine?
    Not sure what happened there...
    Again, this is a brand-new product and because it's quite different than the Proteus, it's taking a little time for the dealers and us to (not to mention the users!) to adjust. We'll have it all sorted out soon enough!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-Andy.

Thread Information