Thread: Procyon Alpha Session

Blog Entries

Default Procyon Alpha Session

Attached is an "Alpha" session for the Procyon. Hope you like it.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Procyon Alpha Session

Hi, Marisa -

Thanks for this program. It's just what the doctor ordered, literally, today when I did a neurofeedback brain mapping
    to get a handle on my ADD leanings. Alas, I am alpha deprived and have an overabundance of theta.

I, too, am a hypnotherapist and MNLP and have been using these for more than 2 decades. It's a pleasure to find
    a like minded human.

I hope that you're still visiting this forum upon occasion . . .

What frequencies have you used in this program? I'm hoping for Shumann to 12 or 13 and back again.

Once again, thank you for your offering.

All my best,
    Suz

Blog Entries

Hey Suz,

If you use the machines in your practice, you could become a dealer. I found that when I used the machines on my clients, they wanted to buy one - which is what got me going. If you are in Canada, I would set you up and if you are anywhere else, Mindplace would set you up. It's not a push by any means, just an idea and just an offer.

The Schumann frequencies would be touched on as they run in the range of Alpha. If you want the specific frequency 7.83 hz (and it fluctuates daily so a range would be better), you could go into the Editor and put that in. Keep in mind that you don't want to do a program with just one frequency because of habituation which would lead to diminished results.

That's cool that you are interested in the same things as me. What are some of your favorite learnings, procedures or thoughts about NLP? My favorite learnings were in the area of language which is kind of ironic (and tragic) because when I got CFS, I also developed cognitive problems that affect my language and memory. I really like the visual squash procedure and the kinesthetic journey line. I've always found the rapport knowledge useful and I really like the presuppositions or philosophy of NLP.

Nice speaking with you Suz,

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi, Marisa -

I've been doing NLP for so long that it's part of my operating system - unconscious competence.

Using language powerfully is one of my all time favorite additions. Linguistic reframes, Eriksonian language patterns, Cartesian questions. (What would happen if you did? What would happen if you didn't? What woudn't happen if
    you did? What wouldn't happen if you didn't?) Visual squash.

I'm not sure what the kinesthetic journey line is. It may be one the patterns I used to use in trainings linking the smallest task with their highest and best, step by step on a line across the room. It begins with a phone call or email and ends with bliss! I really like Dilts - he uses 3D spaces in much of his work.

Can you answer a few questions about designing a session?

I want to create a program to help me focus & be creative when writing my book. Distraction is a problem. I'm wondering if going from 7.83 up to 10, stay at 10 for a few minutes, go up to 14 and then end in Beta1 around 15 or so might be a good start. Would Beta 1 be more productive potentially than, let's say 10 in Alpha for actually getting words on the page?

Is there a rule of thumb for how long to take when ramping up or down like a minute at each number so that it isn't too abrupt?

Is it a good or bad idea to skip some frequencies along the way? Ex: Can I end one loop @ 10 and start the next @ 12 or should I include 11 along the way?

Is there a list of frequencies that the preprogrammed sessions cover?

What is the design of your alpha session?

Okay, so I had more than a few questions . . . I'll be deeply appreciative of any input you may have.

Feel free to ask anything of me if you're so inclined!

Great connecting with you, Marisa,
    Suz

Blog Entries

Hi Suz,

I've been doing NLP for so long that it's part of my operating system - unconscious competence.
    I can relate as some things have become that way for me also. Sadly, when I got CFS a few years ago my language and memory were affected, specifically in that I can't always find the best words to express myself and my working memory isn't good enough to practice a lot of the language aspects of NLP. For example, I may recognize a verbal pattern, a presupposition or "thought virus" (Dilts) but I don't have the ability to hold it in my mind long enough to work with it. I've gotten some functionality back but not enough to be competent in it.

I'm not sure what the kinesthetic journey line is. It may be one the patterns I used to use in trainings linking the smallest task with their highest and best, step by step on a line across the room. It begins with a phone call or email and ends with bliss! I really like Dilts - he uses 3D spaces in much of his work.
    What I learned was a variation of Tad James Time Line therapy. Tad James was a bit odd about trainers using his methods - even if he was the one who taught the instructor. Odd. The Kinesthetic part involved imagining the time line on the ground and walking back and forth through time, adding resources etc.

I want to create a program to help me focus & be creative when writing my book. Distraction is a problem. I'm wondering if going from 7.83 up to 10, stay at 10 for a few minutes, go up to 14 and then end in Beta1 around 15 or so might be a good start. Would Beta 1 be more productive potentially than, let's say 10 in Alpha for actually getting words on the page?
    I would go with SMR (12-15 hz) and experiment with some alpha as well. The easiest way to do this is to try a combination of the preprogrammed sessions. I use P-6 "Concentration" (just the sound) while I am working at my desk. When I took my hypnotherapy courses and had to write scripts I did the same (just using the sound) and used the Creative Visualization (P40-46) and it was very helpful. At the time, I was using a Proteus but the programs are similar enough to do the same thing.

Each brain responds to frequencies differently so where 10 hz, for example, may work really well for one person, 11hz may work better for another. So, working with ranges is recommended for a couple of reasons. One, you want to avoid habituation - the brain getting use to one frequency and then it becoming less effective. Two, you don't know which frequency you will respond best to and so with a range, you are more likely to get it. Having said that ...

If I was writing a program for just the sound part, I would write it differently than if I was programming for lights because when you are doing both sound and lights, you are not doing anything else and so the program has to have enough changes to keep the brain stimulated. If you are programming for sound only, you don't have to worry about the boredom aspect because your mind is already occupied with what you are doing - the session is working to keep you focused and invoke the creative aspects. So, in that case - your program can have shorter ranges over longer periods (like 3 to 5 minutes per segment).

Is there a rule of thumb for how long to take when ramping up or down like a minute at each number so that it isn't too abrupt?
    Ya, you want to remember that you are coaxing the brain to change. Generally you start a program in Beta because most people while they are awake are in Beta. So, you are starting with a frequency that is likely to be close to the starting state. Then like the pied piper, you change things slowly and lead the brain where you want it to go. It's kind of like getting in rapport with the brain and then leading it to the state you want.

Is it a good or bad idea to skip some frequencies along the way? Ex: Can I end one loop @ 10 and start the next @ 12 or should I include 11 along the way?
    You can. Two frequencies won't make that much difference. Sometimes it's good to put in a short segment of high Beta (ramp from 12 to 35 over 30 seconds). This just wakes the brain up a bit.

Test each segment, especially if you are writing for lights and sound. I find that when I write a program, I may think something is a great idea and then I try it and don't like it. Or, I find after I write the entire program and try it, I find there are parts I don't like and so I change it.

Is there a list of frequencies that the preprogrammed sessions cover?
    Yes, see attached.

What is the design of your alpha session?
    I took a quick look and I used the frequencies 8-12 and switched it up a bit. You can open the program in your editor and see it's components much easier than I could explain them. It is always easiest to take an existing program and modify it than to come up with something from scratch. Just make sure that you change the name when you save it so you don't lose the original.

Okay, so I had more than a few questions . . . I'll be deeply appreciative of any input you may have.
    My pleasure.

Feel free to ask anything of me if you're so inclined!
    Okay Thanks! I hope that is an open offer because while I can't think of anything at the moment it doesn't mean there isn't something percolating.

Great connecting with you, Marisa,
    Same here!

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information